Favorite knife handle material?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
G10. Without a doubt. Not the lightest, but incredibly strong, and completely impervious to the elements.

mark.177

Maker
Apr 21, 2014
Cornwall UK
has to be micarta, grippier/feels nicer than g10, needs no treatment/finish, doesnt warp, impervious to the elements and looks nice, easy to repair if scratched

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
For looks Antler for practicality G10.
For a tart I like Carbon Fibre. For wood its Macassar ebony.

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
My favourite wood is Olive.
G10 as already stated is very tough, but a bit like a bar of soap if your hands are wet or bloody.
Some of the polished antler i have seen on the Woodlore instructor knives looks absolutely stunning.
Here's my olive wood bushie

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Nice knife silverback, Ive wondered about the woodlore instructor knives, is thst polished antler? From which beast? Reindeer, Red Deer, White tailed Deer, moose? etc. It almost looks fake like corian, its so white, or maybe camel bone.

vestlenning

Settler
Feb 12, 2015
Western Norway
Fixed blade: wood.

helle_nying.jpg

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Nice knife silverback, Ive wondered about the woodlore instructor knives, is thst polished antler? From which beast? Reindeer, Red Deer, White tailed Deer, moose? etc. It almost looks fake like corian, its so white, or maybe camel bone.

Thanks.
Not sure about the antler on the AW Instructors, Hill Bill may know, he has done a couple of M.O.R.A homages that have some beautiful polished antler scales.
I just know that the stuff is quite difficult to acquire and pricey, and that the good bits are few and far between, and have to be a certain quality, as it is difficult to 'de-bark' the antler without going through to the pulp area.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I use Reindeer antler, much thicker walls than deer... not much pith, and no rough bark.

Thanks.
Not sure about the antler on the AW Instructors, Hill Bill may know, he has done a couple of M.O.R.A homages that have some beautiful polished antler scales.
I just know that the stuff is quite difficult to acquire and pricey, and that the good bits are few and far between, and have to be a certain quality, as it is difficult to 'de-bark' the antler without going through to the pulp area.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE