Bushcraft trouser ideas please help

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chinook220

Forager
Jan 7, 2010
Warwickshire
Guys and girls

im looking for decent comfortable trousers for playing in the woods, or the back garden,

My requirements
1. Must have strong knees (waterproof would be ideal)
2. take a 2 inch belt
3. Rip stop
4. Camp fire safe.

Regards

Lacijag1

Forager

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I have fjallraven barents pro trousers, with knee pads. The pads enter the trouser, where they open at the bottom of the kneecap, and you can buy foam knee inserts for a tenner to put in there. They dry quickly, and are hard wearing. They could be improved in my opinion by zips in a few pockets. Expensive though.

Or you could buy cheap knee foam pads, that tradesmen use, and some cheap austrian army trousers, from endicotts for about £12.

Paulm

May 27, 2008
Hants
5.11 stryke pants are my current favourites, loads of pockets but not excessively tactical looking and pretty tough and comfortable. Sadly over budget though and probably wouldn't pass the camp fire test although I've happily not had a problem in that regard with any trousers to date.

Cheers, Paul

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
The Redhawk trousers from dickies have always worked well for me. Plenty of packets and quick drying, and only about £20

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
5.11 ripstop tdu. Double layer knees with removable foam inserts, double layer ****, triple sewn, ripstop. Good for shooting, farming and bushcraft.

janso

Dec 31, 2012
Penwith, Cornwall
I've been using tradesman trousers from Dickies for awhile with work; have worn them occasionally in the woods and they would fit the bill. Meet all your criteria and they're still available as black/brown combo. Paid around £22 for mine

Sent from my hidey hole using Tapatalk... sssh!

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
They used to do these:

http://www.scruffs.com/workwear/quartz-trousers.html

In brown... you might find the odd Travis Perkins or similar with old stock in (I did... mine were £12.99 a pair so I bought 2 pairs)

Pros: Harder wearing than just about anything else I've tried, huge array of pockets, clip loops etc, very strong belt loops, drop in knee pad pockets instead of push up ones
Cons: Heavy, might have too many pockets for someone who is pocketist.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
5.11's seem up to the job - always found their sizing sucked though so I'd realy try and find a stockest

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE