Trangia 25 Kettle replacement

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
Here's the email I got on Monday last week....

Hello Jack, just want to tell you that the kettle has been posted today. normally it takes less than a week to the uk.

Best Regards
Primuskongen

I have sent them a email to let them know the kettle has yet to arrive.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I ordered a 0.7 litre kettle from them, received a similarly worded email and got the kettle within the week. I'm sorry if this rubs salt into a wound but I does get me wondering what might have happened to your kettles. By the way, the next size up from the 0.7l, which I also have is superb; I bought the smaller one for those solo, day walks when I feel like a brew. I hope yours arrive soon - they are brilliant bits of kit!

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
I had a reply by 0630 this morning to an email sent last night. It seems there had been a mistake at their end and its on its way today. I have to say I tend to have as much respect for businesses and people who put things right when they have gone wrong as I do for those who get it perfectly right, but leave you wondering how well they deal with glitches.

I may of course live to regret those words!

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
I am considering the GSI Stainless Steel Kettle, the GSI Halulite Kettle and (for the bigger size) the Primus Litech 1,5l.

Seeing as I'm using the Trangia Triangle more an more just lately, the kettle does not need to fit inside the Trangia 25 base/windshield.

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
Watching with interest as I am looking for a kettle that fits in the trangia 25 without falling through. does the 1.5l eagle fit securely?
OK, so I've unpacked the kettle to see how it fits with the Trangia 25 base.

For packing, it will fit inside the base/wind-shield but inside any of the pots....so if you pack the kettle into the base, you'll have to make other arrangements for the pots.

In use (i.e. set up for heating), the kettle doesn't sit nicely onto the fold down clips....it wobbles around and won't sit flat and secure. I suspect you'd need to bend the clips a bit to get it to fit.

So, not ideal for me but, as I said, I can use it with the Triangle. The reason I'm considering selling it is that I want something that will meet all my needs and one of these needs is that it works well with the standard Triangle 25 base.

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
GSI Glacier SS?

gsi68162ssteakettle_1204_general.jpg

Jack Bounder

Nomad
Dec 7, 2014
Dorset
I had a reply by 0630 this morning to an email sent last night. It seems there had been a mistake at their end and its on its way today. I have to say I tend to have as much respect for businesses and people who put things right when they have gone wrong as I do for those who get it perfectly right, but leave you wondering how well they deal with glitches.

I may of course live to regret those words!

Got it yet?

paulnb57

Nov 18, 2007
Isle of Wight
Jack,
It seems the solution to your needs would be one of Trangia's own kettles, as they are designed to work and fit (?) with Trangia cooksets (I would hope they would work with the triangle too) or do you have an issue with Aluminium?
I currently have an Optimus Terra 0.7 litre Hard Anodised Aluminium kettle, it does just enough for two mugs, the Trangia just fits inside, with a freezer bag with fruit tea bags...and lives permanently in the backpack......I'm looking for (probably) 1.5 litre for the beach hut, stainless appeals as salt laden air corrodes everything.......

I still haven't ordered an Eagle yet!.......decisions, decisions.....

Paul

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE