Bootfair bargain

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
I only had £20 in my pocket,I was there early and nobody was interested.i just said would you take £20 and he said yes!!!
Fair enough...Great Bargain. just out of curiosity, if i was leaning over your shoulder when you said twenty quid, then i chipped in with my offer of £30...would you have joined me in the bidding war.. lol

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
Sadly sums up everything that is wrong with this world :(
What would you suggest the guy do then, Buy it, then hand it into the Police just on the off chance it might be swag....He found a Bargain at a car Booty...He Keeps the precious...end of.
we've all lost stuff or had stuff stolen, our own fault for..A, Being careless or B, being careless.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I'm not sure Stevie777...maybe ask a bit on the history of the knife before biting the persons hand off to get it? The knife was probably perfectly legit and a great bargain at the sellers loss, this happens!

I've had my tools stolen more than once no doubt to be sold at boot sales to vultures who don't give a damn where things come from as long as they get a bargain. It had a profound affect on my wellbeing loosing things my livelihood depended on.

Im not trying to personally have a go at any individuals on this thread, well done to the OP for getting a bargain....probably a legit transaction!

I will bow out now as I'm not sure what my point is.....

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
we've all lost stuff or had stuff stolen, our own fault for..A, Being careless or B, being careless.

So I was careless when I had some low life break into my house whilst I was away on holiday and totally ransack the place removing items that were precious to me and my ex wife?

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Every time I get a car boot bargain someone comes along and goes one better.

<Retreats to Nesting box to sulk.>

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Very good buy , I thought I did good last week with a modified berghaus vulcan in not bad condition for £20.

Craig. .....

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
I think it's fair to say, we are all pretty darn jelly. Nice find!

To those bringing this into a world of 'poor show old chap, it might be stolen' and all that guff, take a pill and chill. .

1. We have no idea where it came from, who owned it originally etc.

2. It's just a knife, a knife that only has value amongst us nerds.

3. You'd buy it just as fast, if not faster.

So I was careless when I had some low life break into my house whilst I was away on holiday and totally ransack the place removing items that were precious to me and my ex wife?

Careless enough to swan off across the world without properly protecting your property!

Seriously, if you'd spent your money on a big, loud and obvious alarm system, better doors, locks and windows instead of that holiday..

Lol.. jk. :eek:

(I'll get the soap)

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
Must have knew you were away on Holiday...Someone was careless enough to let the cat out the bag.?

I see it all the time..people telling everyone on social media about there upcoming holiday plans...maybe you or your ex did exactly that, or were you targeted even when you were at home.?

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Must have knew you were away on Holiday...Someone was careless enough to let the cat out the bag.?

I see it all the time..people telling everyone on social media about there upcoming holiday plans...maybe you or your ex did exactly that, or were you targeted even when you were at home.?

Nope, Zuckenberg was still in junior school and less than 0.5% of the british population had home access to the internet when we were burgled.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE