Handmade - knife making

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Thanks for the headsup, truly mesmerising viewing, i've just finished watching the first episode on glass blowing, kettles on ready for part two on knife making

joelinman

Apr 19, 2015
wombwell
Bit disappointed, really bad camera work, even though intentional.

No narration or explanation of any of the steps happening.

I'm still left clueless as to how the process works or what's involved in it.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Frankly it was a poor effort. Really boring in an attempt to be "arty". Once he'd finished his knife, it finished with an out of focus shot on it on the anvil. Never got a really decent shot of the finished product & although it doubtless took much skill, watching him pouring oil into a tank for 2 minutes was less than enthralling.

Didn't see any tempering, still don't know what magic dust he was sprinkling on but assuming he charges decent prices for his knives, I'm left wondering why he couldn't at least throw a tarp over the fly press that was in the rain...

Very disappointing :(

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I enjoyed the glass blowing one a lot more than the knife making, it's what they call slow tv like those channels in Norway that just show a fire burning all night long or the current top rated internet video which just shows a small waterfall trickling away

8Hr Waterfall

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
I quite enjoyed it. I get very tired of television programmes that are filled with narration and almost unwatchable because of background music and sounds effects. This one might not have been hugely informative but I loved being able to watch the process without anything getting in the way.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE