berghaus bargain

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 13, 2014
Dalgety bay
A heads up for anybody looking for a new rucksack . I picked up a berghaus crusader 90+20 in OG at tk maxx for £99.99. Having checked various places online the going rate seems to be around the £175.00 mark at cheapest and anywhere upto £230.00 at the top end. Unable to confirm if this is national but well worth taking a trip down to your local store to check. Before i made the purchase i was about to pull the trigger on the Lowe alpine Salient now reduced to £78.00 (inc. vat) from £105.00. Although its in Dutch dpm so probably not for everyone. Three available @
http://www.thexmod.com/item_detail.a...70_+_20_Litres
Please note I have no affiliation with either Berghaus or XMOD

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Berghaus Crusader is an awesome pack, i own two which i picked up in mint condition second hand for 65 quid each, they are that good i'd have another

attachment.php

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
The pack on the left has been well and truly abused and shows no signs of wear at all, i use it for all my outdoor activities from camping and cycle packing to carrying my inflatable canoes and wetsuits and all the other kit that goes with them, my weekly food shopping and any other time i need a big bag, best bit i love is how rugged and padded all the straps are, how solid all the buckles are and the quality of the zippers especially the ones for holding the side pockets onto the main bag or to each other. You definitely scored a bargain there for brand new at a hundred quid

Berghaus customer service is excellent too, i lost a set of the straps for to turn the side pockets into a 20ltr rucksack so i contacted them asking to buy a set and they just sent me a set for free, didn't even ask for proof of purchase or nowt

Angry Pirate

Forager
Jul 24, 2014
Peak District
Berghaus customer service is excellent too

Amen to that. The hip belt began to part company from the body of the pack on my 20 year old Vulcan after a few days on the Pennine Way. The stitching just about survived the fortnight (though we were hanging on by a thread at the end).
Sent it back and Berghaus repaired it under their lifetime guarantee without any quibbles. When it arrived back you couldn't tell which side had been stitched.
Pretty much all my packs are Berghaus now!
No affiliation, just a very happy customer.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
That's me too no affiliation whatsoever but reading my post you could easily think i was a planted Berghaus employee, the fact yours even lasted 20 years before that happening speaks a lot about the product quality too

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Quality stuff and i thought i had enough big Berghaus rucks, i have sack envy

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Popped into Dundee TK Maxx today and they have Berghaus Vulcan's and Atlas (size 1 & 2) for £80. They also have some Black Diamond torches and mini lanterns. Definitely worth a look in your local store at the minute.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Just back from TK Maxx at Meadowbank in Edinburgh and just bought myself a size 2 Berghaus vulcan for £ 80 .
The funny thing is I bought another vulcan this morning at the car boot sale , ex army officers one in fair condition side pockets are unused and it has been modified to zip on another pocket and there were two spare pockets in the pack and a goretex dpm cover all for £ 20 .

I better get hiding this one in the attic :eek:

Craig. .....

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
Nearly forgot they had another vulcan hanging up in case anyone in the Edinburgh area is looking for one.

Craig. ....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE