sit on top kyaks, who's got one ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
I've got a couple of Galaxy Cruz Sit on tops very stable and good fun great for fishing with hand lines in the summer

cheers Russ

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Ocean prowler 15, love it. Big beast but tracks and moves well, get used to it and it is very manouverable. With a recently opened footpath only about 5-ten minutes walking with the kayak on its trolley to the sea. last time I was out on it I was so at home that a snooze would have been certain except for the thought that one was out in the boating if not the shipping lane. Certainly one passes close to large yachts.

Last edited:

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
We have 4 Perception scooters , not been out in them for the last couple of years but great fun whether on lochs or sea even had them down the beach for a bit of surfing .

Craig. ...

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
The club I work with have a fleet of them and also sop stand up paddle boards all good fun the kids love them

Jan 19, 2013
Finland
Got a pimped up Tarpon 120 Angler, had it for about 5 years, love it.
Use it almost weekly, a little less in the spring/fall, but in the summer almost daily.
Not serious fishing, but the relaxing kind. Also make little trips on it, nights on empty islands etc.
Loads of stuff fits and still quite ok to paddle.
For a bloke a bigger size, with even more space, is not a bad idea.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Thanks for all the advice folks. I sold my canoe last year, & miss it, so was thinking about getting a couple of these one for me & one for the good lady. We have storage space so 2's not a problem, so please keep the idea's coming.

Rob

Jan 19, 2013
Finland
What do you want it to do? Carry loads, be stable, be fast, be a plattform for shooting (game or photo), fishing, other stuff?
If I had money I'd go for the UL version of the Tarpon, but got to go with what I have and since I use it mostly for fishing near the shore and only occational trips and even then max. 5 miles at a go, it works for me, am not in a hurry.

http://www.wildernesssystems.com/kayaks/tarpon/tarpon-120-ultralite

BJJJ

Native
Sep 3, 2010
North Shropshire
If you are after stability have a look at the ocean kayak prowler big game. I have been out fishing in some quite lumpy seas and found it a great fishing platform. tracks and paddles well.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
It will be day trips, we have canoed on the sea(only when its calm !)canals lakes & rivers, all fairly low key stuff. I started to feel guilty going off on my own, so want to include my wife then maybe she might try camping as well...maybe....

Rob

Jan 19, 2013
Finland
WS ride has even more loading capability and stability, would easily take a picnic "hamper", hobo stove, change of clothes, fishing gear and all you can imagine and still be ok to paddle. Later on if need be it can hold the gear for a long weekend and a puppy :-D

paulnb57

Nov 18, 2007
Isle of Wight
Ocean Kayak Sidekick for me and a Frenzy for the Pink one

Brilliant bits of kit easy to remount if it tosses you off, but very stable and will carry quite a lot…...

After threading The Needles
kayak culver needles 015.jpg
With the Salty Seadog aboard
IMG_0600.jpg

Last edited:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've got 4 of them

Emotion Tandemonium

And I can't remember the other :D
two two seaters and a small single, the big one is big, it's had 3 adults and 3 kids and been fine.

We had a old town tripper XL but played on the river less and less and the sit on tops are brill on the ocean for me and the family (7 of us)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE