Exmouth Area.......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

1 shot willie

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2012
DEVON
Probably just as well, i'm gonna be working through from 11th through till the 22nd. There's is also potential for more work directly afterwards and then there's work pre-booked for the beginning of April and the end of April. May, June, July and August are pretty much out of the question for me.

Hi Leon.

Its good to hear your nice and busy mate.
Keep an eye out on the thread, and if you can squeeze in a night or two, you will be welcome.

bridget

Banned
Apr 21, 2015
Exeter, Devon
Hi Guys.

Just a quick update to this thread.

My permission owners have agreed to a Max of 6 in the woods at any one time.
I'm pretty chuffed they have been so accommodating, and appreciate their trust.

A few things I must mention that I am sure you will all understand and respect.

It goes without saying, that if we do have a visit from walkers etc, we engage them politely, no matter what.
Unfortunately, because of the public access there is no shooting in the woods.
The wood is 400 acres, so we should be able to get lost in there somewhere :)
There is plenty of deadfall about, so we do not want to be cutting trees or saplings down.
Fires are ok, but must be contained and kept to a reasonable size, I use a Gelert portable BBQ for my fire pit, and it works a treat, or the firebox.
On no accounts are people to camp out in the woods without myself in attendance, doing so will lose me the permission guys.
I am not a fan of contaminating our outdoor spaces with human excrement, especially if we are using the area frequently.
I will always bring along a portable toilet seat, all you need to bring along is some plastic bin liners ( I use the green food waste bags biodegradable ) Don't buy the Tesco's variety........they split:lmao:
So its a case of take it home and dispose of it down the toilet, you can always reuse the bag for food waste;):D
Please don't leave any rubbish behind, no matter how small.

When we are in the woods, we are there at our own risk, Myself and the permission holders will not take responsibility for accidents or injuries.
Might even sort a disclaimer out at some point.

There....I hope this does not sound to regimented or OTT, its all about care and respect for the owners and what we are privileged to have the use of.

On a lighter note....I'm still full on with the work at home, so cant see a meet coming off in March:(

April is looking very good though:)

Your thoughts and comments, good or bad are welcome, look forward to reading them.

Cheer's for now me dears.

Bill.:)

Cant believe I said " a QUICK update ":lmao:

Hi there, I am new in town [and Bushcraft] Exmouth looks a great area for wild camping out! i would love to hook up with like minded peeps this summer

Last edited:

1 shot willie

Tenderfoot
Dec 11, 2012
DEVON
Hi Bridget.

Thanks for your reply and interest.

Don't know if you have read the above posts, I have been busy at home catching up on job's around the house:rolleyes:
Glad to say I have very nearly finished!!

Hoping to get something organised very soon, so keep an eye open on the thread.

ATVB.

Bill.

bridget

Banned
Apr 21, 2015
Exeter, Devon
thanks Bill,

yes i have read the above posts. At the moment still looking at gear, i visited Marsh barton area yesterday looking for 'GoOutdoors' shop. but only found Army Surplus store ?

after a backpack 'starter upper' cheap
Tony.

bridget

Banned
Apr 21, 2015
Exeter, Devon
Hi Bridget.

Thanks for your reply and interest.

Don't know if you have read the above posts, I have been busy at home catching up on job's around the house
Glad to say I have very nearly finished!!

Hoping to get something organised very soon, so keep an eye open on the thread.

ATVB.

Bill.

Hi Bill.

Still haven't found "Go Outdoors" shop at Marsh Barton

Tony

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE