Potential West London meet up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
A big public thank you to Bob and Helene for hosting this great fun day; I thoroughly enjoyed myself, and am well up for having another go!

Bob's leather and knife-making skills are certainly worthy of note as well - check out the lovely little whittler in one of the pics above as one example.

Everybody else missed out!

Many thanks once again

Regards

TallTom

Forager
Mar 23, 2014
Surrey
Looks like you guys had a great time
I'm gutted I couldn't attend, but I'm just on my way back from climbing mountains in snowdonia which was throughly worth it.
If the next one could be on either Feb 14 - 15th or March 21 - 22nd id appreciate it as I'd love to have a go on the field archery.

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Hi All, good to hear that there is interest, and sorry you couldnt make it. I am currently looking at dates for another. At the moment it is looking like Sunday 19th April as the most likely day, free time is a bit tight until then....

Would this be ok for anyone? Its a lot more notice this time :D

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Hi Bob and the gang :) I've checked my diary and I'm free! Yippy! :)

Can you put me down for two please as a friend who's new to archery but just got himself a bow would like to join us if that's ok? He's a fishing and camping type who'll fit right in I'm sure or I wouldn't ask to bring him.

Does anybody want me to bring anything bushy to play with? Would it be helpful if I brought firewood?

Many thanks for organising this :)

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Hi Bambodoggy,

OK, thats fine. Its a 100+ acres of woodland to play in (keeping away from the course!), so generally there should be plenty of dead standing, but bringing some dry wood to assist getting going might be handy. There is however only one firepit we can use, see the pix previously posted. No overnighters I'm afraid.

Reminder - its Sunday 19th April.

So let's begin an attendee's list....Remember that Helene and I can only host an absolute maximum of 8 people as well as ourselves, so it will be on a first come, first served basis. Therefore a maximum of 10 people can attend.

The total list then is:

1. Bob
2. Helene
3. Dark Horse Dave
4. Bambodoggy
5. Bambodoggy's guest (a name would be nice!)
6. <open>
7. <open>
8. <open>
9. <open>
10. <open>

If you want to come along, and are not on the list, please add your name in one of the open slots and repost the list. You can find out more about the day from the previous posts below, but generally it will be field archery (NFAS flavour) in the morning, followed by an afternoon of bushcrafty stuff in the afternoon. As the visitors, you can define what that shall be. Cost is £5 per person for the day, which goes to the club for insurance. Use of sharps is under your own supervision, and I expect grown up behaviour :D

Cheers, Bob

Last edited:

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Hi All, just a quick reminder to anyone interested that we're having a field archery and bit of bushcraft day on Sunday 19th April. There are 5 slots left if anyone else wants to come along. Read back through the thread for full details.

Cheers, Bob

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
I am in the Feltham area, a local meet up would be nice.

Hi Ray, you would be welcome to come along. As you can see, its a 50/50 field archery and bushcraft day and costs a fiver per person for the archery insurance. The other info is in the older parts of this thread, so have a read through and if you are still interested, repost the attendees list with your name on it. There are only a limited number of places because of the club's archery safety and insurance rules.

Cheers, Bob

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Hi Ray, you would be welcome to come along. As you can see, its a 50/50 field archery and bushcraft day and costs a fiver per person for the archery insurance. The other info is in the older parts of this thread, so have a read through and if you are still interested, repost the attendees list with your name on it. There are only a limited number of places because of the club's archery safety and insurance rules.

Cheers, Bob

And I'm looking forward to it! Here's the latest attendee list for convenience:

1. Bob
2. Helene
3. Dark Horse Dave
4. Bambodoggy
5. Andy (Bambodoggy's guest)
6. <open>
7. <open>
8. <open>
9. <open>
10. <open>

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
1. Bob
2. Helene
3. Dark Horse Dave
4. Bambodoggy
6. Korvin karbon
7. <open>
8. <open>
9. <open>
10. <open>

TallTom

Forager
Mar 23, 2014
Surrey
1. Bob
2. Helene
3. Dark Horse Dave
4. Bambodoggy
6. Korvin karbon
7. Tom
8. Open
9. Open
10. Open

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Thanks for the interest guys. I will post again about the day nearer the date, and send my contact number etc for emergencies via PM then too.

Have a think about any BC skill you'd like to share or something to try out in the time we will have - until dark. For example, I have harvested some materials to make a besom broom for myself - never done that before - and we can have a show and tell of skills and shiny things :). Last time Dave ably demonstrated his Kelly kettle. I now have one on my birthday list.....

Last edited:

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Hi All,

This is the last call and reminder for the field archery and bushcraft day at The Company of Sixty Field Archery Club in Oxshott, Surrey, on Sunday 19th April.

The current list of expected attendees is as follows:

1. Bob (host)
2. Helene (host)
3. Dark Horse Dave
4. Bambodoggy
6. Korvin karbon
7. Tom
8. Open
9. Open
10. Open

This is a fixed limit due to club insurance limitations. If you want to come along, and are not on the list, please add your name in place of one of the open slots and repost the list as an answer to this forum thread/discussion. First come, first served. If you cannot make it after all, please remove your name from the list and repost as well.

The general format of the day will be a half day's intro to field archery (NFAS flavour), followed by a half day's bushcrafty stuff, the exact content of which you can decide on during the day. During the first half I would suggest that we all have a go at the practice butts to get used to it, and then maybe do a half of a full course when I'm happy that all are suitably safe behind a bow. Please feel free to bring your own archery stuff or have a go with my wooden bows/arrows. The only caveat is no crossbows by order of The Crown Estate - the landlords!

After the archery we can rest, do some firelighting and other bushcrafty stuff, show and tell, and make a cuppa / eat some lunch etc as people like. I will bring tea/coffee/milk/sugar/potable water etc, but please bring your own food and suitable footwear/clothing.

If you want to bring sharp and shiny items along that is fine, but please no firearms (just in case!). Use of sharps is under your own supervision, and I expect grown up behaviour from all. During the archery part please listen to the advice and follow any rules that we discuss. We can remain on-site until dusk. Sorry no overnighters I'm afraid.

The only other official thing is to bring a fiver each, and a printed-out and filled in Day Visitor's form. See the form at:

http://co60.co.uk/downloads/day_visitor_form.pdf

The address of the shooting ground is on the club's website at:

http://co60.co.uk/location.shtml

Access is equally easy from the M25 J9 or J10, or the A3.

Helene and I will wait at the 5-bar wooden entrance gate in my old silver vitara and meet you there. I will send attendees my mobile number via PM to be used in case of emergencies.

I am lookng forward to putting some faces to names.

Cheers, Bob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE