newbie from Reading Berkshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chaard

Forager
Jul 9, 2013
Reading
I've been a member on this forum for years now but have recently had my interest in Bushcraft rekindled (pun intended).

I'm looking into doing a weekend course and trying to find some good local spots to wild camp (with land owners permission of course)

As soon as my paycheck clears i'm going to by a hammock and tarp and head into the woods.

If anyone on here is local and doesn't mind suggesting a few good spots or a friendly farmer with some woodland doesn't mind letting me pitch up for a night that would be great!

About me - I'm 29, married, no kids - other hobbies are surfing, snowboarding, hiking, woodwork, home brewing (beer mostly) and watching movies!

looking forward to learning a lot from this forum!

Chaard

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
Hi Chaard, iv just moved to Bracknell myself which is about 20 minutes from you. Also looking for somewhere to do a bit of bc, if you are ever up for a little day bimble just give us a shout :)

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
Hello and welcome . look for camping unplugged they have a few sites locally to you mate . I'm down the road in Basingstoke . And use Inwoods and abbotstone woods as they allow fires and dogs .

Chaard

Forager
Jul 9, 2013
Reading
thanks for the warm welcome guys and/or gals

great tip about camping unplugged - ill look into Abbotstone and Inwood for sure. which is the quieter of the two?

monkey boy i grew up in Wokingham so know bracknell fairly well. As for all other berkshire folk and those living amazingstoke, once i get some kit together i will be making some fair weather excursions for sure and will announce so on here somewhere before hand and you can decide for yourselves if you want to go camping with a wierdo you met online :)

I also work in pangbourne near the chilterns so if anyone has any suggestions in SW oxfordshire that would be great!

Paddytray

Settler
Jul 11, 2012
basingstoke
inwoods is quieter as it's easy to find a quiet spot but both are great in all honesty . mark is actually on here he runs the place .cybercurly

Apr 10, 2015
Berkshire
Hi, Im in Bracknell and am interested to see where you find - Im fairly new to Bushcraft too and need to buy Hammocks etc much like you although.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE