DIY ridge-line organiser.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

CommonZense

Mar 10, 2015
Aalst (BE)
Hi there!

Quick post on sharing a project which I finished yesterday evening. I have a 2 compartment back pack (>10y old Tatonka) which I use for up to max 3 day trips. I'ld like to refer to the small compartment in the hood of the pack with the term 'grab bag'. To get this more organised, for keeping things together out in the woods and at home when stored, and for storing my glasses overnight I came up with below project.

90% of the 'Grab bag' content:
ridgeline%20organiser%201_zpsneemijzf.jpg

Compartments sewed:
ridgeline%20organiser%202_zpsiwfmw4hz.jpg

I used the flap to add some extra compartments for knife, head light, what ever. I have chosen for a soft natural fabric (my guess is it's wool, got a big piece from second hand store) so it can kind of absorb unwanted impacts.
ridgeline%20organiser%203_zpszloe3quf.jpg

Finished back side. Two rings placed in the edge of the center folding line. In case it needs to get secured to the ridge-line I can easily attach a pruznik.
ridgeline%20organiser%204_zpsd0cbokof.jpg

And here we go.
ridgeline%20organiser%205_zps7vy5uzuo.jpg

ridgeline%20organiser%206_zpsmzirfkpw.jpg

And ready for packing. Upcoming weekend it'll be put to practice :)
ridgeline%20organiser%207_zpszkilfneb.jpg

I possibly later on will make a bigger organizer too. Not to attach to the ridge-line, just to have my bigger tools stored together as one pack in the back pack's main compartment. It will also decrease accidental loose of tools by leaving them behind. As every time you pack for leaving, you'll notice anything missing.

Capital R to the g to the d to the s.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Back in about 1989-90, I started travelling on monthly business trips. Get on the dang plane and go. 6 years of hotels.
Somebody gave me an "organizer" a little more complex than yours. K.I.S.S. I have not unpacked it ever.
Betcha you never do, either!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE