Dacia Sandero Stepway

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
So totally not bushcrafty, unless you consider it's how I get to many of the places I visit.....anyway my 2002 Honda is nearing the end of its life. 140000 miles and its served me well. Was looking at second hand cars then came across the Dacia Sandero stepway.

Not a bad car for its price but thought Id ask if anyone has one and what their thoughts / opinons are.

Cheers

Orric

Last edited:

Mike313

Nomad
Apr 6, 2014
South East
In 2012 I used to regularly get a lift with someone who owned a Dacia Sandero (not the Stepway model, the basic one). They are very popular in France since Dacia is owned by Renault. We'd have 5 in the car going up a fairly steep incline to our hill-top workers canteen. It was comfortable, pulled well and felt solid. I'd say they were good value, not sure how well they hold their value though when second-hand .....

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I went right off Top Gear's reviews when I tried to find the one for my present car….you know what they complained about ?
Plain stitching on plain coloured seats.

Seriously they suggested that using red thread might help as a contrast.

Nothing about reliability, about handling, about the things that matter, like brakes, or gears…just red stitching :rolleyes:
Shower of loud mouthed arrogant wannabe poseurs.

M

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
It's pseudofactualentertainment, this one is dressed up as telejournalism. There's plenty of variation on a theme - dressed up as 'adventure', 'competition', even 'fly on the wall mockumentary'. Ladies and germs I present the worst culprits as follows: Robson Green's Extreme Fishing, anything by the Chief Scout, Ant and Dec, everything Simon Cowell has been involved in, Big Brother... I'm sure that's just for starters and there are plenty more people could add.

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Not the same car in the range but a good honest review http://youtu.be/bCxPThfikWc, other things I know are they are owned by Renault the one your looking at has basically the Renault kangoo van diesel engine with some refinement and I know Renault have not had one engine recall on that one , so for a budget car it looks ok to me , not refined but should last as long as any Renault out there, and there are loads of old Renaults on the road

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE