RIP Oliver Rackham

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

NicfromBristol

Apr 24, 2013
Bristol
Oliver Rackham sadly passed away on the 12th Feb.
A great scholar who's works have been essential and inspirational to the understanding and protection of our woodlands and environmental heritage.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Oliver Rackham sadly passed away on the 12th Feb.
A great scholar who's works have been essential and inspirational to the understanding and protection of our woodlands and environmental heritage.

Local to me too. The Gwent Wildlife Trust has put out a few commemorative testimonials lately.

Nyayo

Forager
Jun 9, 2005
Gone feral...
I hadn't heard the news - a great man indeed. I used his research as the starting point for my postgrad thesis - it's still considered the authoritative text on the history of British woodlands.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Sad news. I had the good fortune to attend one of his talks when I lived near Saffron Walden. It gave me a new insight into the way the farmland varies in different parts of France and England despite geological similarities. I still remember his remark that there is probably more woodland now than the medieval period. I've never loked at a wood in the same way since. An inspiring teacher whose work will keep his memory fresh.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE