Praise for myHermes.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I recently bought an Italian wool blanket from a member here on the forum. Last Thursday he PM'd me that he would drop the parcel off at the collection point on Friday morning, yesterday morning the parcel arrived safe and sound. I have used myHremes quite a few times since my daughter started Uni in Leeds last year, and have found them totally reliable, professional and cost effective. Parcel weight was 2.5kg cost £5.28 for 2-5kg. I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I agree with the above - I've had very good service from them both as sender and recipient. Very nice woman who comes here and will take stuff around the back and make sure it stays dry if I'm not home.

Angry Pirate

Forager
Jul 24, 2014
Peak District
I rate them highly. I prefer to drop the parcel off on my way to work but the whole procedure is easier and cheaper than Royal Mail. No wonder they're circling the drain for parcels with competition like this!

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Another plus for My Hermes here. I use their insured 'Signature' service quite a bit and have been well pleased with it.

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
I'd have to disagree as a 'receiver' from them. I have stuff delivered to work and they've never asked for a signature - even on parcels with a big sticker on them saying "Signature required". If reception is temporarily unmanned, they just dump the boxes on the front desk and go. I also had a parcel go missing over Christmas that, according to their tracking page, was 'delivered' at 08:30 on 30th December (the factory was closed for Christmas) and was 'delivered' again on 5th Jan at 10:20 pm and 'left in a safe place'. There was no card put through the door and the parcel has never been found.

Guess it depends on your local delivery guy/gal.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I'd have to disagree as a 'receiver' from them. I have stuff delivered to work and they've never asked for a signature - even on parcels with a big sticker on them saying "Signature required". If reception is temporarily unmanned, they just dump the boxes on the front desk and go. I also had a parcel go missing over Christmas that, according to their tracking page, was 'delivered' at 08:30 on 30th December (the factory was closed for Christmas) and was 'delivered' again on 5th Jan at 10:20 pm and 'left in a safe place'. There was no card put through the door and the parcel has never been found.

Guess it depends on your local delivery guy/gal.

I guess you can only comment as you find it, but in my own experience, I can't fault them.

May 12, 2014
West Yorkshire
I have to disagree, I'm a warehouse manager and have to deal with most of the parcel companies on a daily basis, along with APC, Yodal and Tuffnells they are one of the worst out there, parcels constantly come in crushed and damaged, the main reason been that most drivers are self employed so the more parcels they can squeeze into their van then the more money they make. My recommendations go with FedEx or UPS, u may pay slightly more but in my opinion a hell of a lot better service.

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
I've not had any problems as a receiver but wife is locked in a right wrangle with them at the moment. Ordered two monogrammed jewellery cases as Xmas presents for our daughters. Both arrived damaged as the delivery person squeezed them through our wrought side gate as the safe place. They disputed they'd caused the damage. The seller (Studio Cards) charged her for two replacements saying she would have to start the dispute process with MyHermes. Two months later they still haven't collected the damaged ones but at least Studio Cards have waived the extra charge now.

John

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I've got a "lock up" & hermes also have one at the same location. The guy who runs the local operation is switched on, but as has been said they are all self employed, & they do like to fill their vehicles up with parcels.
Having said this, I've used them & not had any issues & will use them again, just make sure everything is well packaged.

Rob

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I've not had any problems as a receiver but wife is locked in a right wrangle with them at the moment. Ordered two monogrammed jewellery cases as Xmas presents for our daughters. Both arrived damaged as the delivery person squeezed them through our wrought side gate as the safe place. They disputed they'd caused the damage. The seller (Studio Cards) charged her for two replacements saying she would have to start the dispute process with MyHermes. Two months later they still haven't collected the damaged ones but at least Studio Cards have waived the extra charge now.

John
It's the seller's responsibility to make sure the packages arrive safely not yours. You should not have agreed to pay for the 2nd lot. Did you pay by credit card or PayPal? If so you should have some protection too.

XRV John

Nomad
Jan 23, 2015
Scunthorpe
It's the seller's responsibility to make sure the packages arrive safely not yours. You should not have agreed to pay for the 2nd lot. Did you pay by credit card or PayPal? If so you should have some protection too.

I don't know mate. It was SWMBO's deal and she only told me about it afterwards. They've cancelled the second lot of charges anyway due to MyHermes screw ups!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I like them, and I use them and Collect+ depending on what I'm sending size wise.
Never had a problem, only ever had courteous and helpful delivery folks and collection agents.

Sorry to hear about those who have had problems, but we've used them a lot and had none.

M

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I think MyHermes are much cheaper and more convenient than Parcel force. UPS are very good, but I can't drop the parcel off at a local shop. Round here the ones to avoid are DPD, they are masters of pretending to have called, but not doing so. They may well be great elsewhere, but they are a pain here.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Myhermes both here and at our last house have been terrible, two instances of lost parcels at the last house and one damaged(the sender resulted in using an alternative courier to send the replacement), constantly having to complain direct to the delivery girl for leaving parcels on the doorstep/by the back gate/ontop of the bins after being told not to deliver if no one is home, as they have no access to any safe place. This was also reported up the chain to absolutely no avail. The current chap here smokes like a train making all parcels smell horrendously, and again leaving parcels. Both these chaps have left parcels even when we've been in without ringing the bell. The fact that there is no standard across the country is shocking to me. They are a low cost option that has simply hit upon a good idea but fail at the recipient level. I would never choose to use them.

Last edited:

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
The Hermes delivery driver won't deliver to us because of the traveller camp. Now it's closed she won't come because the track is too bumpy. We use other companies!

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
I have used Hermes a lot and while ok most of the time I have on two occasions had problems. First I sent a small portable tv/DVD to someone. I knew they didn't insure against glass breakage but thought I would risk it. I wrapped that parcel super well and even put carry handles on the box to make things easier. Came broken to the recipient.

Second problem was last week, I bought an Aladdin 23 with green glass shade. I asked the sender to please wrap well as I have been after a green shade for a while. They used Hermes and flipping sent the thing wrapped in a blue plastic bag!!!!!! Wth...you couldn't get worst wrapped so the shade is broken. I haven't even unwrapped that item and I'm in a dispute now!

I suppose the last one was failures on both sides? I know most parcel deliveries firms their drivers can be very rough in handling parcels. I have seen this on numerous occasions in car parks where vehicles meet to distribute packages. One firm uses the car park of the Big Yellow Storage Place in High Wycombe to load vehicles and when I have gone into the Topps Tiles next door I have watched them throw boxes around!!!

I think they are good enough for unbreakable items but anything that can get smashed likely will.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Only had good experiences with them, it must depend on where you are, I've sent a lot of china by them and so far its all arrived safe, but then I do go overboard on the bubble wrap ( free from ASDA ex the fruit section, local place is happy to let us have it rather than just recycle ) since its so cheap to post and the weight bands are generous.

if you haven't used them before perhaps best to ask around locally to see the standard of the team there.

ATB

Tom

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
This is the latest parcel that I'm in dispute over, who puts a flipping glass lamp shade into a plastic bag???

f39e31f4d446e3f5dee98b80064abb10_zpsae57c071.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE