Streaming TV

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi Folks

A bit out of kilter with the usual outdoorsy technological escapism we all practice I'm afraid :). Our TV aerial has given up on us and we are looking to give up on live telly and stream TV as and when we want to watch it. Does anyone here have any experience/advice on the various boxes/dongles/sticks that are available that they would be willing to share with me. We only really watch uk terrestrial TV and would possibly like netflix or something similar.

Many thanks

Leo

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Was told about the Sky box from an installation engineer the other day who rated it. Apparently box costs a tenner and works really well.

Plugs into back of the TV and gives all free terrestrial channels, and you also have the option for pay per view on the premium stuff just to make Mr Murdoch & co a little wealthier.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Whtbuy a box? Just use an HDMI lead to plug a hudl straight into the TV. Simple and it works. You can get the device and the lead for well under £100, or £50 worth of club card points. Six months of TV licence covers it.

Was told about the Sky box from an installation engineer the other day who rated it. Apparently box costs a tenner and works really well.

Plugs into back of the TV and gives all free terrestrial channels, and you also have the option for pay per view on the premium stuff just to make Mr Murdoch & co a little wealthier.

Is that an android based 'thing' then Red? I've seen them in Tesco

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Where we live we are the furthest from the exchange no chance of fibre optics etc and the broadband connection isn't much cop. We have a free view arial but to be frank it isn't much good. However we are only a few hundred yards from a three mast so we stream a lot of content through the phones or pads and connect to the TV via HDMI cable. This works well for us. Mind you if we didn't have unlimited data we would probably look for a different solution.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE