HEADS UP!!! Into The Wild

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Just seen that the film INTO THE WILD is on tonight at 00:50 hrs on film four....

Great bushcraft film and a true story, well worth a look see.

Just though i would share...;)

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
bloomin good film though, shows how real life can be very hard at times....

and that its the little things that can make a massive difference.

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
I saw this a couple of years ago, it evokes some strong emotions, in part because he shares two parts of his name with my brother who was, in his way, a free spirit too.
Well worth watching for many reasons.

Rob.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Ive read the book (good read ) ive still got the film on plus box from last time it was on, the book and film do differ slightly in parts but there again they always do,book also covers some other peoples journeys.

Nyayo

Forager
Jun 9, 2005
Gone feral...
If anyone's interested, his sister just published 'The Wild Truth', which gives a lot of the background story that drove Chris to do what he did...

cbrdave

Dec 2, 2011
South East Kent.
Great film, managed to see it yesterday, amazing how he came undone with the misidentification of a plant.
Saved it on hard drive for future.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Heck I should learn to write things down, I typed in "Into The Woods" and got a different movie. :lmao: Fun for the kids though!

Cheers for posting up though.

[video=youtube;7pjy5MK1X70]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pjy5MK1X70[/video]

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Great film, managed to see it yesterday, amazing how he came undone with the misidentification of a plant.
Saved it on hard drive for future.
I read an article that suggested that the "mis-identified plant" theory was created by a journalist as it sounded better than "died of starvation".
The author of the article backed it up with calculations showing how he wasn't getting anywhere near enough calories per day over an extended period, and information that the plant blamed would in fact, only have created an upset stomach. I'll try to find a link later

BlueTrain

Nomad
Jul 13, 2005
Near Washington, D.C.
Mr. McCandless graduated from high school just a few miles down the road from here. In some circles he is regarded as at least a fool, though he is probably though of more highly by others who probably crave more adventure in their own lives. Apparently, seeking adventure in non-traditional ways such as he did is something only those with plenty of spare money seem to do. "Traditionally," one joins a gold rush or joins the armed forces or signs onto a freighter to seek adventure but I suppose all of those are much too structured and difficult for the truly free and bored.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE