Anyone used DD hammocks top quilt?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
I think it is possibly so new that you will be the lead tester on this forum ;) so take along an extra sleeping bag just in case, bearing in mind the weather reports are for some below zero temps (zero being what DD say it is good for) over the next week. Let us know how it goes.
Rob.

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Dd do say it should be used in conjunction with the underblanket. Not sure if you have one but I'll be interested in any feedback you have.

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
I agree with Fraxinus, you must attempt to atrophy your bits in order to convince the rest of us that it is a worthy product, no extra protection is allowed when testing.

Enjoy friend, :p

rorymax

Juggernaut

May 16, 2013
Scarborough
www.yorkknife.co.uk
Wish me luck lol

I'm going to be using a set of base layers for PJ's, fleece hat, wool socks.... If it gets mega cold I've got a fred asbel 100% wool hoody that I can slip on along with the DD own brand hammock quilt. which is basically what I'd use out in the woods.

Last edited:

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Good Luck is wished to you, have a nice time.

May your nether regions survive :D

Be good to hear how much you enjoyed yourself and how the equipment stood up.

rorymax

Juggernaut

May 16, 2013
Scarborough
www.yorkknife.co.uk
Well it was cold last night, about -2, I set hammock/snugpack under quilt and DD top quilt up at about 5:30pm and when I came to use them at 9ish.... They were covered in frost!!!

I only wore what I set out to wear but didn't use the wool blanket... I did use the fred asbel wool hoody though, yes I was a little cold, but not sooo cold I couldn't sleep (with the odd BRRRRR wake up moment) lol

I'm quite impressed with it, lighter than a snugpack underquilt, I've decided I am going to customise it and replace the press studs that let you button it up with a big chunky YKK plastic zip running up the body of the quilt about two thirds of the way! Just so it's a little snugger.

Dead happy for the money they are charging at least.

Luke

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Cheers for the info sounds like it'll be just the thing for spring and autumn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE