army signup ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mandos

Nomad
Jan 23, 2013
Downham market
Okay guys looks like i gave the norfolk and norwich page an update before you guys guess i had forgot,

Any way for those not in the know or interested i left for selection on the 28th and was quickly taken back to the barracks from there on in i can only say it was the best experience ive had in quite a long time i managed to pass everything with flying colours and am now awaiting a start date for my basic training its not been easy getting this far at all and is not a decision to be taken lightly with a family in tow, i got back home late friday night after 5 hours traveling i felt knackered and abit out of place even after three basic days the amount this changes a person is not believable anyway i now passed and on my way to start training after 8 months of determination !

Jan 19, 2013
Finland
Second the previous!
A huge, but great leap in life!
Our service is only from 6 to 12 months depending on the line, did that voluntarily (guys have it mandatory), served a year as a navy machinist a few decades ago.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Well done mate, you've done very well by your perseverance and that must be a good thing in a soldier, eh? :)

DocG

Dec 20, 2013
Moray
Well done and congratulations.

There will be challenges ahead, not least the break from home and family, but thank you for making a decision to stand up and be counted. I, and I am sure I speak for many others, appreciate your willingness to put yourself forward to defend the rest of us.

Good luck and God bless.

All the best.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
As others have said; congratulations, thank you, and best wishes as you start this new path in your life. I hope you find it as rewarding as I did.

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Well done Mandos as others have said good luck and glad you went for the technical side of things

Sent from somewhere?

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Good Luck and enjoy. Keep up with the running and try and get some basic knowledge beforehand eg map reading or get the soldiers pocket book if its still in print. Like someone said a bit of knowledge or those who have served in the TA have an advantage

Insel Affen

Settler
Aug 27, 2014
Tewkesbury, N Gloucestershire
Well done fella. Work hard and learn lots. You will enjoy it but it will be a lot of hard work, there will be ups and downs but keep your eye on the prize.

20 years down and I still enjoy it.

Good luck 💂💂

leon-1

Okay guys looks like i gave the norfolk and norwich page an update before you guys guess i had forgot,

Any way for those not in the know or interested i left for selection on the 28th and was quickly taken back to the barracks from there on in i can only say it was the best experience ive had in quite a long time i managed to pass everything with flying colours and am now awaiting a start date for my basic training its not been easy getting this far at all and is not a decision to be taken lightly with a family in tow, i got back home late friday night after 5 hours traveling i felt knackered and abit out of place even after three basic days the amount this changes a person is not believable anyway i now passed and on my way to start training after 8 months of determination !

Well done and congratulations.

Now is when the hard work begins. All you can do is give it your best shot, knuckle down and get on with it. I wish you all the best in your career,

Leon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE