Introducing The Tread - A New Leatherman Tool

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Somewhere between $150-$200 depending on finish etc...

If you want it with the watch it's going to be upwards of $500-$600... That doesn't stop me wanting one though :)

Here's a pic of the various links

Tread3_zps68a3a863.jpg

Last edited:

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Im trying, but i just cant seem to bring myself to like it. It reminds me of when Harold at Hasting said " hey do ya think its a good idea to stare at that thing coming towards m....

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I'd like to have a play with one; see how the links jam up against each other (when you turn it back on itself) to make the tool bits usable. Not sure I could justify the outlay, tho'.

Im trying, but i just cant seem to bring myself to like it. It reminds me of when Harold at Hasting said " hey do ya think its a good idea to stare at that thing coming towards m....

I wish! I'm the opposite - I started out dismissing it but it's growing on me - I am Harold!.

My Leatherman Charge TTi is won of the most useful ED tools that I own. Sometimes it just isn't practical to carry with me every day and I often reach for it, only to have that 'S**t!' moment when I realise it's in the drawer at home.

This has certainly reached the "must resist... must resist" category (I usually, but not always succumb!).

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Call me a traditionalist, or an old stick in the mud, but i prefer my leatherman to look like a leathernan. I think this might just be a fad and can't see it catching on. also the price is ouch!

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I don't get it. You end up with a bracelet that has some tools on it whose function will be considerably impaired because they're part of a bracelet. The watch is clear but the occasions when this would work helpfully are, to my mind, very few and far between. Carry a proper Leatherman/Swisstool instead and save yourself money and tears.

Tim_B

Dec 8, 2013
Ipswich
The airlines are not so bad as they were - I carry my Gerber Dime most weeks in hand luggage on flights, I also have a small leatherman (the one with scissors instead of pliers) so don't think the bracelet would be a problem. I didn't catch whether its TSA approved - they certainly advertise it as if there isn't a problem. The blade on it is tiny.

I too like multi tools to look like multi tools and would have to handle one of the treads to see if it could live up to being a multi tool (I doubt it for serious work), but for an office boy like me, it might be fine.

Thanks
Tim

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE