New Zippo Bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Lets see some pics then folks !. I to was tempted after John's review, but being between houses I've promised to keep my buying of kit to a minimum......

Rob

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Ok here's mine. Now my laptop bag for work.

e198efe4187204422fb066dc4776e97d.jpg

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
A few of those Zippo bags about: one found its way under my Christmas tree :)

Not a bad little bag at all. Good size, lies well across the body. I'd thought about changing the patch too, but I may leave it. Doesn't look bad and I think it'll weather nicely.

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
Just bought one of these myself...

Anyone thought about replacing the 'quiksnap' closure with proper buckles?

Ste

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Just bought one of these myself...

Anyone thought about replacing the 'quiksnap' closure with proper buckles?

Ste

I did think about gluing the magnetic catches but tipping the bag upside down fully loaded still did not make the magnets pop open so I did not bother. I have added Velcro to little pockets at the ends of the bag though and they are now much more usable.

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
I have added Velcro to little pockets at the ends of the bag though and they are now much more usable.

Any chance of pics? the one thing I'm iffy about is the lack of secure closures on it... the front and side pockets and snapclosures... although I'm sure I could mod it if need be...

May also add a deerskin edging at some point...:rolleyes:

Ste

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Any chance of pics? the one thing I'm iffy about is the lack of secure closures on it... the front and side pockets and snapclosures... although I'm sure I could mod it if need be...

May also add a deerskin edging at some point...:rolleyes:

Ste

This was not scientific. It was just a quick grab and shake and then open up. the magnets held as did the Velcro. If I was out for the day the contents would be increased quite a bit but this does at least give you an idea.
IMG_1523_zpszllxaxky.jpg
IMG_1522_zps3py4vz7s.jpg

IMG_1520_zpssrsqrjqp.jpg

Last edited:

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
That's a good idea, how did you fasten the Velcro ? stick or stitch ?

I was going to stitch it on but ended up using contact adhesive in the end. I made sure the glue spread was good on both sides and clamped them to the cloth overnight. It seems pretty well stuck on for life. I was lucky and found the Velcro last year at a car boot sale. A metre long strip for 50p!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE