Your picture of the day...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

S.C.M.

Nomad
Jul 4, 2012
Algarve, Portugal
I can see it, but right click doesn't bring any public link options... I get a "share" and from that a "get link"
AABw8YZCfsU6OwjG4gmHk2Vfa

if you can see this, that works, otherwise I'm doing something wrong!

your photo is acorns in a relatives hand right?

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I went to my local beach last night to shoot sunset hoping for the right break in the clouds which I didnt get but the light was good anyway so here is the results.

Here is a handheld shot taken with my Olympus E-M5 and the 14-42 EZ lens.

the-aproaching-sea by alf.branch, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I can see it, but right click doesn't bring any public link options... I get a "share" and from that a "get link"
AABw8YZCfsU6OwjG4gmHk2Vfa

if you can see this, that works, otherwise I'm doing something wrong!

your photo is acorns in a relatives hand right?

Ha! I can do this but you probably can't. Having searched the dropbox help section I have found that if you created your dropbox account after October 4th 2012 then you won't have a 'Public folder'. This is where the pic of my daughters hand holding an acorn is sitting.

You can create a 'Public folder' by following the instructions here but only if you are a 'Pro' user.

Back to Photobucket I guess.

:(

Last edited:

S.C.M.

Nomad
Jul 4, 2012
Algarve, Portugal
Ha! I can do this but you probably can't. Having searched the dropbox help section I have found that if you created your dropbox account after October 4th 2012 then you won't have a 'Public folder'. This is where the pic of my daughters hand holding an acorn is sitting.

You can create a 'Public folder' by following the instructions here but only if you are a 'Pro' user.

Back to Photobucket I guess.

:(

yup ,that'll be it, most likely. Oh well, thanks for the help :)
I'll have to install the photobucket app then, becasue my phone and computer don't get along
(my pic is now visible, btw, and it's not as dangerous as it looks!)

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Yes it is a Dormouse & yes a licence is required. However it was all legal :deal:with a happy ending. ( To my relief as it was just a judgment call) It started when I saw a mouse.

Sam (in the chainsaw trousers) was told not to move so we could take photos. Waste of time as the mouse happily posed for ages.

http://s952.photobucket.com/user/MikeBlue/library/Doormouse?sort=2&page=1 for 50 + photos

An attept by the warden & myself to move it to a safe suitable area was a total failure as it just jumped on me. (Que lots more photos) we them wandered around trying to find so cover for it to no avail.

The mouse was in the wrong habitat & awake when it should be hibernating. Also look small & not very fat to our rather inexperienced eyes. We managed to persuade it into a welding glove & sealed it in with gaffer tape (another new use of gaffer tape)

Them I drove it to Wildwood a few miles away. as they have a licence etc. One of their experts (Hazel) checked her.( After cutting up my glove to get her out)

Female small from a late litter last year ( slightly grey colour apparently) also under weight for January. Very unlikely to survive until spring.

Last photos are the mouse getting weighed on a bag ( & unhappy about it ) Looks much happier in Hazels Licensed hands. As they didn't have a mouse from that area in their captive breeding program, they will keep here with a view of releasing the offspring.

A little bit of paperwork to cover everyone legally. & she is joining about 30 other dormice at Wildwood.

Almost every time the right thing is the leave alone. This time small underweight in January in a destroyed habitat with a licensed rescue centre close by, there was another option.

Good day in the woods. Foe some reason not as much work was done as usual :rolleyes:

Mike

That's brilliant! Well done to all concerned. It would be hard to resist an opportunity to thake the shot regardless. Nice one.

LoneWalker

Tenderfoot
Feb 8, 2014
Devon
@Brancho Love that beach picture. One day I would love to be able to take a photo like that.

Got a couple I was happy with today out on Dartmoor:

Goldfinch_1Crop.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

XmasTreewithSnow_1-Crop.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Pandabean, Seoras and bobnewboy those are nice shots.

These were taken on Saturday afternoon after work when I colected my wife from town.

This is Whitehaven harbour from the North shore beach. It was rather cold in the breeze.

This is an aproaching snow shower out at sea with the sun setting

Snow-storm-sunset by alf.branch, on Flickr

These were post sunset

the-aproaching-tide by alf.branch, on Flickr

the-aproaching-tide-mono by alf.branch, on Flickr

What do you think.

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Great shots guys of the bird and the sea. I like how the birds feathers really shine in the light and the dark evening light really gives the coastal pictures a feeling of mood.

I went around our village looking for new growth today.

Found some early purple orchid leaves popping through.

DSC_3287_zpslairksto.jpg

Next was a small but beautiful Scarlet Cup fungus.

DSC_3277_zpsd8r9rwwj.jpg

Also the Snowdrops are coming through grand now.

DSC_3252_zps8465c3c5.jpg

Cheers

George

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE