Show us your Day Packs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
Not used it yet but I have a Fjallraven Vintage 30 L Backpack.

vintage_backpack-500x500.jpg

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Thats an interestingly mod'd m39 - looks like it can open right p to be flat? any more pic's of that??

Or maybe not - is that something just strapped to the outside? - the sideways photo is confusing my eyes!

mousey

Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Thanks for the extra pics.

I thought for a moment that it had been opened along the entire length of the side so it could be opened right out - a bit like a homemade cargo panel type thing - then tied back together with the lacing.

I like those packs, I got one in portugal for 2 quid but the leather was in a poor state and rotted away fairly quickly. I did put some new webbing straps on but after some really really heavy abuse it started falling apart - it's still in the shed waiting for me to do something with it....

1jack1pike

Mar 16, 2014
Uk
Sorry for the terrible photos but my packs are all loaded up for a trip to Spain and I wanted to whack my 2p in... so this is the best I have got at the moment....

I love the "vintage" older looking canvas packs - just so much character, but I tend to do a lot of long distance hiking and found that I just didnt enjoy it, next step was the army surplus packs which I loved again - just that little bit of characteristic mud - but these were all designed for people under 2 foot tall (being way over 6 foot waist belts are more arm pit belts)... So here I am bigging up the civilian market!!! (Dont hunt me down guys :p )

This has led to Osprey Kestrel 48, got it second hand and I think it looks the business. One of the best packs I have owned. Here it is (well mostly me, sorry) earning its living up in Scotland.

10458034_10203454730442651_6380935888436176705_n.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

The other day I also ended up buying my first Lowe Alpine (as you lot all rate them so highly - so its all your fault I am poor!! :p ) Hate the colour, but hopefully all the use and abuse will cover it up. This is to replace the slowly dying (but not quite dead) Osprey. Again sorry for the terrible pictures, I hope to take some nicer ones when I am back and able to get out.

image.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

CallsignSam

Nomad
Jun 13, 2013
Kent
Thought I would revive this thread now that I can join in with the Canvas loveliness.

IMG_4657_zps76bebe09.jpg

Frost River Summit Expedition pack.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I'm not so tall myself and round ish. Mmmmm might have to treat myself.
Whats the quality of them like.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Bimble bag, despite appearances it's not MOLLE!
bimble-bag.jpg

Daypack/Summer overnighter is an old LandTrekka 35 from Regatta
whilst there's a lot of things I dislike about this pack, it's so comfortable to wear that I'm reluctant to part with it
speedpack.jpg

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I don't use a backpack for daypack, and now that my shoulder bag has found a new home, this is what I'm taking for my longer walks and days out.

PA190020.JPG

Maxpedition Octa and M2

Joeblack

Jan 18, 2015
Uk
Hi guys,

Can anyone assist me with a good place to buy the leather lashing straps to attach bedrolls etc to day packs? I'v searched everywhere and either I'm not calling them the right thing on Google or they aren't for sale anywhere?!!!

Thanks in advance

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
Hi guys,

Can anyone assist me with a good place to buy the leather lashing straps to attach bedrolls etc to day packs? I'v searched everywhere and either I'm not calling them the right thing on Google or they aren't for sale anywhere?!!!

Thanks in advance

Toe Strap..........

weekender

Feb 26, 2006
Cambridge
Could always try a Tack shop where they sell horse bridles and things...?? Go Outdoors do horse stuff but maybe an actual place where they sell bridles and saddles would be better.

Sent from somewhere?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE