Crafty Secret Santa 2014

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pete11

Nomad
Jul 12, 2013
Scotland
Big thanks to you , SS.

Very happy with this, canny wait till I get out in the next few days
and try it out. Going in a wee leather pouch.

So impressed with the wee tins as well , most excellent !

Wll chuffed.

Pete

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
Some nice gifts have been received I see! I opened mine as well and am really happy with what Secret Santa has made for me:

DSCF4220.JPG

DSCF4218.JPG

A very elegant forged bottle opener. The homebrew christmas gingerale can be opened in style tonight! Thanks Secret Santa, and thanks to Dave for organizing this event. I have enjoyed it!

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
The Crafty Santa brought me a beautiful turned wooden pot...

pot3.jpg

... and the Brantub Santa brought me a bottle of vintage sloe gin and a leather shot cup to drink it from...

sloegin.jpg

Thank you Santas. :)

humdrum_hostage

Jul 19, 2014
Stradishall, Suffolk
I received a lovely horn/antler, leather and wood handled knife; this will be replacing my mora.
So thank you very much to my Secret Santa, your gift will be getting lots of use this year!
I'm guessing mine is from Humdrum (but he doesn't have to confirm or deny!)
10885165_1524859984429247_7824999733815317117_n.jpg
10390920_1524859981095914_8648571621469912381_n.jpg

I would love to take the credit for that stunning knife but it wasn't me I am afraid.
I have received a beautiful canvas carry bag which is very generous of the secret Santa and I am grateful to you (I think I know who you are) and also to Dave for arranging this.
I will try and post a pic to show it off tomorrow but my 2 year old smashed my tablet Christmas eve!

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
My secret santa was awesome this year [and santa in general was pretty great too:)]

I've recieved a leather pouch, a couple of keyfobs and a really nice knife sheath. I don't remember seeing the sheep mark before but I'll be keeping my eyes open for it now...

GEDC0288a_zps544ed284.jpg

GEDC0286a_zpsc0072965.jpg

GEDC0285a_zps786d8184.jpg

Last edited:

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
I have a beautifully made bracelet with a tiny firesteel on the fastening and a small carved spoon. Thank you SS, that was a nice package to open on Christmas morning.

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Sorry no photos of mine, I received 4 bottles of home brew beer (2 IPA and 2 London porter ) and some Chilli beef jerky.

I got a message from my SS via Dave to say I could open my gift early as the beer needed to settle and the jerky was to eat a.s.a.p.

Big thanks to my SS the jerky was great and the IPA was excellent as was the Porter - both were as good as any I've bought.

Many thanks to Dave for organising this and to my Secret Santa.

Cheers Rich

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Opened mine up to find I'd been given a rather interestingly titled book called '101 things to do in a Shed', a pewter hip flask, a wooden board game with marbles (perhaps Santa can send me the rules in a PM :rolleyes: ) and a waterproof case for an I-phone 5.

All in all they were a very generous Santa, thank you :)

I agree looks more like brantub stuff.....

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
It may seem that way I know, but I have checked with both Dave and Graham as both the packages for my Brantub and SS didn't have any identifying labels telling me which was which...

BUT my SS gifter left a bit of a give away as to who he was in the form of a return address and their full name and address on another packaging envelope Dave was able to confirm I was right and these gifts are indeed my Crafty Secret Santa presents.

That sounds more like the Brantub gift than the crafty one? Nice Hall though.

I got a most excellent leather belt pouch.

I agree looks more like brantub stuff.....

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
My secret santa sent a Possibles Pouch, A Match case wrapped in waxed jute twine, Tabbaco Pouch and some Homemade waterproofing wax made from natural bees wax, linseed oil and pine essence. Thank you for the gifts.

IMAG0044_zpse28ca3df.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Apologies for not posting sooner, for some reason my tapatalk seems to have completely failed now and I've been shot down by the lurgy up till now.

Got a subzero camp next week so better be better by then!

I'm a big fan of Thud, so a game of Tafl.

Oddly I seem to have a single extra black piece and I'm out by one white piece, which means when the wife moved it, she must have lost a piece or two. Got to somehow convince the wife to have a go when she's off these night shifts! She hates me beating her at Thud so I've not had a game for three years...

Attachments

• IMG_20141230_145507644.jpg
    IMG_20141230_145507644.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 39

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Apologies for not posting sooner, for some reason my tapatalk seems to have completely failed now and I've been shot down by the lurgy up till now.

Got a subzero camp next week so better be better by then!

I'm a big fan of Thud, so a game of Tafl.

Oddly I seem to have a single extra black piece and I'm out by one white piece, which means when the wife moved it, she must have lost a piece or two. Got to somehow convince the wife to have a go when she's off these night shifts! She hates me beating her at Thud so I've not had a game for three years...

Looking at that picture, I think you've got it set up wrong. I'm no expert on this game, you'd have to ask the person that made it for sure, but I don't think you should have a white piece in each corner, giving you six on each of the 4 sides, and a couple of pieces spare.

Julia

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE