Don't get much better

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The band were consuming large amounts of Columbian 'marching powder' which did reflect in some of their live shows, thankfully not when I saw them :)

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
The band were consuming large amounts of Columbian 'marching powder' which did reflect in some of their live shows, thankfully not when I saw them :)
I have spoken with a few guys in the past who were at the Madison shows in 73. the ones they shot the footage for The Song Remain the Same live Album/Video...What you see is not what you get i'm afraid...basically the album had to be reworked in the studio, as they do, with jimmy re-recording his guitar parts they were so poor or not up to his standard..depending on how you look at it. That's why everything seems to be out of sinc on the video. A major mistake as far as i'm concerned. ruined it for me or maybe i'm just being selfish..

But who knew back then they would become one of the biggest acts of all time and that video would be studied by millions of guitar players around the globe..Yip. a waist of time if you wanted to see what Jimmy was playing...remember no Youtube back in those days...We were still all learning by ear...and so it should be.

In saying all that...The Guitar work on Babe, Since i've been Loving you is some of the best Guitar Work ever recorded by any guitarist ever in my opinion...Utterly Sublime body of work anyone should be proud of.

Like everything else though. We will wait until Jimmy is dead before we really appreciate James Patrick Page for the Artist he is/was. I'll even forgive him for Death Wish II.....Maybe? :lol:

Last edited:

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Yep, one of the best (along with Lynyrd Skynyrd:)) I was never fortunate to see them but have seen and met Robert Plant a few times. I also used to live close to the village where John Bonham had his farm and where he is now buried. I desperately tried to get tickets for the O2 gig a few years ago but was gutted when i was unsuccessful :(

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
saw them live at Knebworth 1979, though they came in for some stick for not performing well. Bob Plant only lives twenty minutes away from me by Kinver. He was born in the same town as me too and my brother knocked about with him in the 60s before he was famous when he was flirting around with various little known bands, he also went to Planty’s wedding with Maureen Wilson in West Bromwich in 1968. I believe Planty’s first vinyl release was ‘’You Better Run’’ with a band called ‘Listen’ in 1966.

early Robert Plant pre-zeppelin 1966

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LynX_3ve6BI&spfreload=1

one from Led Zeppelin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKOngTfTMs0

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE