Barbour re-wax service

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Thinking of using Barbour's re-waxing and repair service on my beloved waxed jacket, anyone got experience with this service they'd like to share ?

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I've had two done in the past, Robbi, and they came back like new jackets; well worth it, in my view :)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I've had it done and was thoroughly impressed. That said, over here Barbour doesn't do it as such; they have "approved" contractors instead. I can only imagine that it will be at least as impressive (if not more so) done there by the actual Barbour facility.

Bindle

Tenderfoot
Oct 10, 2014
The Mendips
I did mine myself this year, a fraction of the price! Get the jacket and the wax warm, wear latex gloves and go for it!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
It's as easy as falling off a log to re-wax them, but when mine came back from Barbour every little nick had been repaired, the whole jacket checked over and the zips and poppers done; came back like a new jacket!

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
Great experiences guys, mines wrapped and ready to post in the morning, I'll let you know how it comes back in four weeks or so.

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
got my jacket back this morning :)

What a fantastic job, it really is like new, I cannot recommend this service enough :)

If you're even thinking about it, don't hesitate, just get it done you'll be so impressed :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Good man Robbi, I knew you'd be pleased..........nice to get feedback on these threads, too many people never report back on their experiences with recommendations :)

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
I asked about a replacement belt for my international jacket at the factory, they asked me to send it's code number, new belt sent out no cost! A great firm doing a great job of lookin' after their customers, link to a wee vid, no link etc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqhpKxnnfk4
You can also pick up some great bargins in their factory shop...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE