titamium frame lock THE TITUN

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
With those tight tolerances and ease of opening I would imagine you can open it with a flick of the wrist LL ?
I make a sub 3 inch uk legal friction folder you can do that with�� as there is no locking mechanism in a friction folder.. But I suppose that's ok.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Mods non of this had anything to do with the knife I spent days making and proud of. If this thread could be cleaned up please. As I have not made a knife that is illegal. In any way shape or form and should not have to educate people on our laws it ridiculous.

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
I like it a lot Lee ,all very neat and tidy indeed , for me that's a good pocket knife ,light in weight and not to bulky

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
Chunky and workmanlike - is it heavy? Very neat workmanship. Do you bead-blast the titanium?

I'd love to get a one-handed opener and closer but it would be something that lived my bag. I wonder it it is possible to make a slipjoint - I guess the spydies make this possible with the big humpback and hole.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Chunky and workmanlike - is it heavy? Very neat workmanship. Do you bead-blast the titanium?

I'd love to get a one-handed opener and closer but it would be something that lived my bag. I wonder it it is possible to make a slipjoint - I guess the spydies make this possible with the big humpback and hole.
I'm working on a slip joint bud. Not it's not that heavy due to the titanium bud. I do a smaller version with thinner titanium Also

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
To be honest Lee I don't think it does. Most folks wouldn't have a clue; that you took the time and courtesy to explain actually helps to educate all of us.

It's not a sales thread where anything but the seller and buyer comment, but it is a conversation thread that shows the knife, and gives a lot of detail and information too.

atb,
M

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
To be honest Lee I don't think it does. Most folks wouldn't have a clue; that you took the time and courtesy to explain actually helps to educate all of us.

It's not a sales thread where anything but the seller and buyer comment, but it is a conversation thread that shows the knife, and gives a lot of detail and information too.

atb,
M
Ok Mary I put the picture up to show the knife not explain why its legal that's all.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Ok going to be honest here this has done my head in.. I just wish people would take the time to appreciate the fit and finish. The time the extemly tight tolerances to get s knife to be able to flip like that with out a spring.. All this knife was hand made.. Instead some people have to always look at the bad side of knives.. That's why we have such a nanny state. Its a shame as I love this place always have. But maybe I wrong to have posted it here.. I hope this has educated some of you a little and made you think about posting on people's threads, when you don't no what you are talking about. I hope you all have a great Christmas .
lee.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Ok going to be honest here this has done my head in.. I just wish people would take the time to appreciate the fit and finish. The time the extemly tight tolerances to get s knife to be able to flip like that with out a spring.. All this knife was hand made.. Instead some people have to always look at the bad side of knives.. That's why we have such a nanny state. Its a shame as I love this place always have. But maybe I wrong to have posted it here.. I hope this has educated some of you a little and made you think about posting on people's threads, when you don't no what you are talking about. I hope you all have a great Christmas .
lee.

It's a great knife, and titanium is a pain in the arris to work so I can appreciate the effort that has gone into it - I love the machining on the scales too.

Saying all that though - if you post work up on a forum you can't just expect compliments? You will get questions and occasional critiques. Now you're a perfectionist which makes anything approaching negative feedback (especially unjustified) much harder to swallow. But that's part and parcel of showing your wares so to speak. I would hazard a guess though that your customers know what is what and you needn't worry.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
It's a great knife, and titanium is a pain in the arris to work so I can appreciate the effort that has gone into it - I love the machining on the scales too.

Saying all that though - if you post work up on a forum you can't just expect compliments? You will get questions and occasional critiques. Now you're a perfectionist which makes anything approaching negative feedback (especially unjustified) much harder to swallow. But that's part and parcel of showing your wares so to speak. I would hazard a guess though that your customers know what is what and you needn't worry.
Lol I don't mind critique that's how you learn.. I'f someone said lee. I don't like the show side great. Or it could flip faster great I prefer a hidden stop pin great.. But you are selling s flick knife and it's illegal.. His on earth is that critisysm.. Not us that illegal.. I'd have given explanation.. But nice it's illegal to sell. Is not critique is it.. Implying it can be opened like a flick knife is not critique of my work is it..

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Lol I don't mind critique that's how you learn.. I'f someone said lee. I don't like the show side great. Or it could flip faster great I prefer a hidden stop pin great.. But you are selling s flick knife and it's illegal.. His on earth is that critisysm.. Not us that illegal.. I'd have given explanation.. But nice it's illegal to sell. Is not critique is it.. Implying it can be opened like a flick knife is not critique of my work is it..

Kinda - he thought it was criticism, (paraphrasing - "why are you making and showing things you cant sell"). Unfortunately sometimes you need to educate your potential customers (and you're a maker plus so that's potentially all of us). it's like when you go in a shop and start asking questions, they may be dumb questions but answering them could still end up in a sale. In this case it highlights a misunderstanding - which may or may not be a common one. The knife flicks open - to someone who isn't knifey they may assume this refers to a flick knife. Now they could've stated their concern a little more politely and in the form of a question agreed. But people will asks question, some of which may not be at all relevant to someone who knows the product.

Anyhow - you thought about anodising any of that titanium? I bet you could make some great leather/titanium combo money clips.

M

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Kinda - he thought it was criticism, (paraphrasing - "why are you making and showing things you cant sell"). Unfortunately sometimes you need to educate your potential customers (and you're a maker plus so that's potentially all of us). it's like when you go in a shop and start asking questions, they may be dumb questions but answering them could still end up in a sale. In this case it highlights a misunderstanding - which may or may not be a common one. The knife flicks open - to someone who isn't knifey they may assume this refers to a flick knife. Now they could've stated their concern a little more politely and in the form of a question agreed. But people will asks question, some of which may not be at all relevant to someone who knows the product.

Anyhow - you thought about anodising any of that titanium? I bet you could make some great leather/titanium combo money clips.

M
brother maybe yiu are right.. It's the way he said it.. Maybe I should not assume that every one noes.. But to me if your not sure especially with someone's product I would not state that unless completely sure.. If he would have said lee are they illegal to sell. We would not be here now.
and yes bud I anodize a lot of the titanium I mshe titanium lanyard beads that a anodized bud.. Have a couple of knife builds fur customers thst want it done to theres never thought about leather and titanium would be nice that

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
To be fair, there is a question mark there.....to me that reads like he is asking if it is illegal to sell

Also if people only ever posted stuff they were 100% sure was correct their would be about 70% less content on the internet :lmao:
Bud I'm not going to into pms but that's what he though. And now he noes.

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
To be fair, there is a question mark there.....to me that reads like he is asking if it is illegal to sell

Also if people only ever posted stuff they were 100% sure was correct their would be about 70% less content on the internet :lmao:
Yes but buy saying that yiu are selling something illegal is a different matter. This is getting boring now.... I've explained and have given my reason.. This is what I'm saying about people jumping in the bandwagon it just takes people to think that's what Yiur selling when you are most certainly NOT

georann

Feb 13, 2010
Warwickshire
www.slice-of-fire.co.uk
Very nice as always lee- must be a rain pain to make!
Look forward to seeing more folders from you - an EDC perhaps?

Edit: Just seen you have a titus model EDC- any plans to make something more UKPK-esque rather than Svord Peasant-esque (can't remember the technical name for having the bit of the blade sticking out like a handle)?

Last edited:

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Cracking little tool that Lee, i reckon it would make a great rescue knife seeing as it can be opened single handedly and even with your non dominate hand. I admit I'm a bit envious of your skills....okay lots envious ;)

Rob.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Bud I'm not going to into pms but that's what he though. And now he noes.

Yes but buy saying that yiu are selling something illegal is a different matter. This is getting boring now.... I've explained and have given my reason.. This is what I'm saying about people jumping in the bandwagon it just takes people to think that's what Yiur selling when you are most certainly NOT

Jeez, calm down fella.
He didn't accuse you of selling flick knives and I'm not jumping on any bandwagon....courtesy was mentioned earlier, seems to have fallen on deaf ears :confused:

Ranting and going on like this has done your rep more damage in my eyes than a chap mistakenly thinking you'd built a flick knife

luckylee

On a new Journey
Aug 24, 2010
birmingham
Jeez, calm down fella.
He didn't accuse you of selling flick knives and I'm not jumping on any bandwagon....courtesy was mentioned earlier, seems to have fallen on deaf ears :confused:

Ranting and going on like this has done your rep more damage in my eyes than a chap mistakenly thinking you'd built a flick knife
:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE