a disaster has struck!!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BJJJ

Native
Sep 3, 2010
North Shropshire
If I could just access my garage
Tiger1_zpse0f5bbd2.jpg

Jul 5, 2014
Derbyshire :-D
bushcraftkid, good answer...

this forum appears to lack a like button...

is that the grunsfors bruks wildlife hatchet?

one hell of a tool...

in place of a hatchet i like to carry a tomahawk... mines a cold steel trailhawk...

bit lighter and easier to rebuild a handle in the wild if one breaks...

the hickory handle feels plenty stong but i imagine one day it could fail
Yep it is and I love it to bits:)

Last edited:

Beefy0978

Forager
Jul 18, 2012
South west
I'd bring my laptop so I could move this thread back to the other forum most of us visit, where it belongs!

But failing that a one item option has to be something sharp which when added to trees might allow a few comforts to be obtained or constructed.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
as you grab your kukri, a nearby explosion levels part of your house...

or a horde of zombies smash through the window and you have to make fast tracks out...

its not always about the how... ;)

Lol lol lol rofl pmsl.

I think everyone would take a sharp pointy thing. A tool for cutting does seem to be popular. Being as I always carry an illegal fixed blade knife anyway, I choose;

Another knife, you can't have too many.

But an interesting point, you should be able to source things from the nearby.

Food is standing in the fields, or in cans in houses, so maybe a tin opener.

A gun with ammunition could start a fire, hunt and give protection, but would you want the smoke from a fire seen? Drying meat would surely be a better way to consume it, so that requires a knife.

If you don't wish the obvious fire problems, then a sleeping system of some sort, as your not going to get far with hypothermia. I'm sure a wide array of knives will become accessible, but a sleep system, not so common.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
What country is it? Its clearly not the uk as no such place exists

The nearest I can think of would be Transylvania or parts of southern Poland, in both cases there are folks local to the area who might not take kindly to strangers turning up in times of emergency wanting to make free with the local resources.

:)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
The nearest I can think of would be Transylvania or parts of southern Poland, in both cases there are folks local to the area who might not take kindly to strangers turning up in times of emergency wanting to make free with the local resources.

:)

Its very unusual to find fields "miles from the nearest house" though isn't it. It does beg the question of who is working these fields?

Elves?

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Its very unusual to find fields "miles from the nearest house" though isn't it. It does beg the question of who is working these fields?

Elves?

Yup, they come out at night, and in the morning the works all done. I think it would be very unusual to find a habitable square mile on earth that was not withi earshot of a house, never mind miles from anywhere. A square mile can grow a lot of food. This is discounting mountains deserts icy wastes Etc. Is that the question though, if it where somewhere wery sparcly populated with no access to resources other than natural? And no one to see your fire? A knife obviously.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
......Food is standing in the fields, or in cans in houses, so maybe a tin opener......

It always amazes me just how many people forget this simple item when preparing for real life scenarios (hurricanes) where they know (or should know) that the electricity's going to be out for a few days to a few weeks. They stock canned goods, but no manual can opener!?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE