Rowan Spork

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
After damaging my shoulder and not being able to carve for a while I had a lady commission a spork for her husbands birthday (member of the forums), while the shoulder is still not 100% better I still managed to carve this little beauty.

A Rowan Spork (right handed) coated in Flaxseed oil

IMAG0598_zps5a9f81ac.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
RowanSpork_zps138a886e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMAG0600_zps111d9d38.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMAG0604_zps1a1e5ad5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMAG0603_zps83ffa615.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:

Dean

Mod
Mod
Jan 24, 2004
South Wales
www.facebook.com
Thanks guys.

I reckon you should have a go. As for a eating spork or a work of art that's up to the new owner to decide I myself would use it.

I have used my own wooden spork for around five six years without cutting the side of my mouth but I realise that it could happen and most probably does happen.

Mike this Spork was made from the rowan I got from down Alun's, as for the oil I find it great on spoons takes a little longer to set and does'nt darken the wood as much as the walnut oil I used to use.

Last edited:

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Really lovely,

Impressive carving skills, the shape looks right, as do the dimensions.

I guess it will be a pleasure to use, well done.

rorymax

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Beautifully proportioned and superbly carved. The recipient of this is going to be very pleased!

I often wonder why we don't see more Rowan being used, it's a magic wood in more ways than one :)

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Normally, I hate sporks and see them as a very poorly designed and made piece of kit that does nothing even passably well. But that one is a thing of beauty - a really lovely piece of carving in a beautiful wood. For that one - and that one only - I am persuaded that a spork is indeed a worthwhile implement. Lovely work!

bob_the_baker

May 22, 2012
Swansea
After damaging my shoulder and not being able to carve for a while I had a lady commission a spork for her husbands birthday (member of the forums), while the shoulder is still not 100% better I still managed to carve this little beauty.

That's no "lady", that's my wife ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE