Hobby Fusion

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Folks,
A friend of mine is keen to hear about people's projects using their skills to create new stuff. In particular, the theme is fusing hobbies, where someone uses one set of skills to equip themselves for their other hobbies. He has set up a website at

www.pinventor.co.uk

Rob is hoping to collect blogs and members who can share ideas and maybe even skills and equipment in the future. If you use your leather/ woodwork/ sewing/ forging etc. skills to make stuff for day-to-day life or other interests, he'd love to have you along.

Recent posts include my homemade home gym, cajon drum and his electronics applied to his home brewing set up. I'm getting back into leatherwork after a long layoff to make some fishing rod containers and a drumstick case - you get the idea.

Of course, pure bushcraft stuff belongs on here so I hope the distinction is clear and I'm not rubbing anyone up the wrong way. If so, no offense will be taken if I am moderated.

cranmere

Settler
Mar 7, 2014
Somerset, England
I reckon that if it ends up being used for bushcraft, it's bushcraft! I sew to make things like my bush shirt (nearly finished), I make soap and in a bushcraft setting that is used for cleaning because it's faster to degrade than most detergents and also I make an insect repelling soap with some of my home made birch tar and bog myrtle, I play flute in the woods for my own pleasure, I make baskets from natural materials that are then used for things like mushroom foraging because they are better than plastic bags for that, I knit socks and have been known to spin the yarn from wool that I've collected from fences and bushes and dye it with natural plants, I make Midwinter decorations from things I collect in the woods and summer decorations from beachcombing finds. For me, bushcraft is far wider than just the core skills.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE