Whats your favourite piece of winter clothing?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I really do like that, just oozes quality
I'm a big fan of waistcoats in general for outdoor wear

I agree - a proper leather or sheepskin Jerkin is a very useful outdoor garment I find - gives the arms room to work but insulates the torso. Often much better than a coat - especially with a warm shirt underneath

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Got a fleecy buff thing (its like a fleecy neck tube and it urinates on the poxy Shemagh thing I previously had from a great height) and I think I got it for free with Superbike Magazine years ago.
Best motorcycle mag freebee ever. The sidestand pucks were handy though.

Feb 18, 2012
Bedfordshire
I really like my dachstein jumper if just sitting about outside, other wise it gets a tad warm, I really love the merino/possum fur beanies, and Swedish army wool scarf as its not Dr. Who sized and they are cheap too.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Shorts ant t-shirt....
Well I am in Saudi.
:D
Seriously though, I've got a M65 jacket that gets broken out in winter for the mornings (It actually does get cold here sometimes), and a fleece lined waistcoat from B&Q.
Back in the UK, it's a down filled bodywarmer. very light, very cosy.

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Well I know it looks like a blatent sale pitch but it isn't :)

For me it is my wool bushshirt with a woolpower base layer and Dutch army HH fleece , worked really well in Lapland warm and self ventilating .

Red that sheepskin body warmer looks the biz ...:)

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
It is a toss up between my gloves and my boots.
When working outdoors I need my feet to be cosy,my hands stay pretty comfy through the work.
While out for shopping or some other boring mundane activity then gloves tend to take priority...........
unless we are snowed in..... then it is both, extremities need looking after, layers look after my core, arms and legs.
Rob

Tristar777

Nomad
Mar 19, 2011
North Somerset UK
Hi.
Im pretty sure the TwoDogs bush shirt/parka will be in my favourites from this year! Im really looking forwad to testing it out so we need some nice cold weather!
That sheepskin waist coat looks great!
I forgot to put my RN wool duffel coat in there too!
Last year I tried out a pair of army sleeping bag/tent foot warmers. (I think that's what they are called). Kept my feel real cosy!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE