Woodlore Gransfors Bruck Outdoors Axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I thought these were bigger than an SFA? Or have I got the wrong axe?

You're thinking of his Wilderness axe. Which is designed for wilderness use. This one is smaller and designed for outdoors use.... I think.

Wilderness..

IMG_0643.jpg

Outdoors with Wildlife hatchett (for use on Wildlife I s'pose)..

a%20(19).JPG

Wilderness..

pioneer-basin-john-muir-wilderness-california-wallpapers.800x600.jpg

Outdoors..

index.php

Wildlife..

wildlife-polar-bears-baby-animals_371678.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
How many times have I got to tell you lot there are no poisonous snakes. You can eat them all. They are VENOMOUS though. Pffft.... kids :banghead:

Japanese grass snakes store toad poison in their necks though...and I thought common garter snakes were poisonous?

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Japanese grass snakes store toad poison in their necks though...and I thought common garter snakes were poisonous?

You can still eat them, just don't eat the neck ;)

EDIT: I wonder if cooking would eliminate that. Hmm, runs off to investigate.

Last edited:

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Not having come back for 3 days I think we can announce the result of Jon's innovative and plucky toad edibility trial.

Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this difficult time.

Tracker NTS-054

Forager
Sep 8, 2013
Nottinghamshire
Can I just ask what the advantages of the outdoors axe are vs the wilderness hatchet?? I've had my GB wilderness hatchet for years and I love it! The outdoors axe does look good though ;)

robevs73

Maker
Sep 17, 2008
llanelli
The outdoor axe has a little collar and Ray mears' logo on it so that means it's better...and it costs more! !!!!!
All jokes aside I currently have an outdoor axe and it's fine but np better than the hatchet, personally I think the balance on the hatchet is better.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I much prefer the outdoor to the Wildlife... better handle shape and length, smaller head yet heavy still, More tomahawk with a steel collar than a hatchet. Axes are supposed to be head heavy.... :)

Last edited:

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I much prefer the outdoor to the Wildlife... better handle shape and length, smaller head yet heavy still, More tomahawk with a steel collar than a hatchet. Axes are supposed to be head heavy.... :)

Yeah it's a better bit of kit all round I think. I haven't used a wildlife but handled one, the outdoor is better in my opinion and its a great little chopper :).

Bigrich

Jan 26, 2011
Malvern
Thanks for posting this up Jonathan, I have been clearly using the wrong axe in the wrong location, and hope now that I can finally clear my garden of polar bears!!!

You're thinking of his Wilderness axe. Which is designed for wilderness use. This one is smaller and designed for outdoors use.... I think.

Wilderness..

IMG_0643.jpg

Outdoors with Wildlife hatchett (for use on Wildlife I s'pose)..

a%20(19).JPG

Wilderness..

pioneer-basin-john-muir-wilderness-california-wallpapers.800x600.jpg

Outdoors..

index.php

Wildlife..

wildlife-polar-bears-baby-animals_371678.jpg

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Quite excited now!

HillBill has told me the work he has done to a couple of my project knives in trade for this Axe last year will be done in the next few days. Can't wait to show off the re-handling and polish job he had done on my Tennessee Toothpick! Angst did the sheath for this previously.

Looking forward to putting the craftsmanship of these two fine makers together.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Guyjames

May 29, 2014
Winchester
This made me chuckle!

I just have an image of a load of beardy blokes sat with a dinner plate full of snakes, tucking into their meal with an axe tucked in the crook of heir elbows!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE