Elvaston Castle Woodland Festival - Derbyshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Its festival time again this coming weekend. :)
Its a cracking day or two out with many skilled crafts on display from some of the best guys in the uk, along with childrens activities, a large bodgers section and tree related demos. Its quite a big event now as its been running for around 15 Years, and it grows each year. Its really good to be a part of it and to be able to chat to the other demonstrators who have influenced me over the years.

Leaflet link
http://www.derbyshire.gov.uk/images/Woodland Festival 27 28 Sept 2014_tcm44-244079.pdf

Its free entry, you just need to pay to park the car if your in one and its £4 all day.
Stop by and have a chat with me in the woods near the corner of the showground, next to the campfire food stand (free food samples and loads of cooking kit on display and in use). I'll be doing spoon carving demos, and putting up a display of crafts such as kuksas, bowls, bark pots, bows, arrows, and baskets etc.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sounds absolutely excellent :D and a bargain family day out too :approve:

I'm setting fire to Holyrood Park this weekend or I would be seriously tempted to visit friends in Derbyshire and come along and visit.

Hope the weather gods smile on you, and it's a great event :D

cheers,
M

keithg

Jun 27, 2007
Aldridge, West Midlands
Hi Addo,
Not sure which day I'll get there, but will definitely be there on one of the days.

For anyone who has not been to this event before, it's a fantastic day out. It's not 'commercial' like some other events - it's just a great opportunity to meet and mix with fellow enthusiasts, and chat and learn. In these days of continual cutbacks, I applaud Derby County Council for continuing to run this event, and not to charge for it! My thanks to them and also all the demonstrators who support the event.

See you there!

Riven

Dec 23, 2006
England
Will be there with Mrs Riven and our Collies. Shame the Bushcraft Show decided not to use Elvaston this year instead of using a boggy marsh.
Great day out for sure. See you there Addo.
Riven

Anzia

Nomad
Sep 25, 2012
Derbyshire
I'm going to try to get there on the Sunday, if sufficiently recovered from my friend's hen do the night before :D Sounds like it will be a good event. Thanks for posting about it, addo.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
I grew up just down the road from there, i'd have made time for it if i'd have known...its on my radar for next year though. Thanks for the heads up

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I'll be finishing my shift at 6am Sunday morning, so a few hours of speed-sleeping and I'll pop in for a while before hot-footing it home!

See you there

Ogri the trog

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
... nah, just calling in on my way home!

Great to meet you & Jono, I'll try a bit harder next year, maybe lend a hand if I can wangle it!

ATB

Ogri the trog

Riven

Dec 23, 2006
England
It was a good day out and getting bigger each year. Well done to the council for once.
I bet your home is full of spoons Addo.
Riven.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE