please accept a new french guy !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi, as suggests the title, i come from a land a little bit on the south than you.

Of course there is French bushcraft forums, but the reason why i log on bushcraftuk is that i'm preparing a geology examination. And English is one of the various theme for being an engineer.
How can i improve my english ? My hobby is the bushcraft, so why not learning bushcraft in english ?
So please tell me when i use a wrong word or if you don't understand me, i'm trying to speak and write better for my examination !

Now, about my hobby ...
Well, i started by building a little house near a cute river into the forest :

By this way i've been hearing about "living in the woods", also called Bushcraft.

I decided to inform myself about it, and i discovered a new passion. Then i learned a lot with french forums and finally experimented by my own in the woods. Like that :

[video=youtube;ysMv0zM71bQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysMv0zM71bQ[/video]

At the age of 16 i've even make a course at Ray Mears company and success at this week, for my 18 i went 2 weeks into a enchanted forest : Brocéliande (where Merlin the Magician died). 2 years ago, i travelled in the Jura mountains during 1 month, only with my backpack and nothing else.
And my last expedition was this summer, in Canada ! I've planed to paddle for 1 month by canoe like our ancestors : the trappers or the voyageurs. Me and a friend have filmed all our adventure and we'll soon make a film -more precisely a documentary- about this trip.let's watch the trailer ! Unfortunately only in french ...

So, it's just a little view about myself, if you want to discover what i do, please make a turn on my youtube channel, i've a lot of videos about my bushcraft experimentations :

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8qYxNL3A19Hi410JNBb2sQ

I think i've told all what i've to introduce myself, if you have any question about me, please comment ! I'll try to answer you in a -not too- bad english !!

Ciao,
J-K

potboiler

Jan 20, 2009
Dorset
Welcome, Jacob.
Out of interest, where is the Broceliande forest you went to? I thought that it was a place of legend, rather than a real location.

Is it in Brittany?

Bienvenue.

Hi potboiler,

The forest i mentionned is precesily in Brittany. Near a city "Rennes" it's also called the forest of Paimpont.

Look on the West from Rennes, you'll noticed a green patch, here it is :)
66932206_p.gif

There is full of magical places in and around this forest, but you are right, Brocéliande is above all a secret place.
For example, you can visit the Merlin's grave, but i'm not sure it is the real one ...

Haggis

Nomad
Hello Jacob, welcome from the United States,,,

I visit the http://bushcraft.fr/phpBB/index.php page fairly often, and I have a great many actual and FaceBook friends in France. Once upon a time I was licensed to teach French, but now I endeavor to myself understood by my long suffering French friends, all of whom speak English better than I do.

Enjoyed the video you posted and subscribed to your youtube channel,,,

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE