Successfully patented my paracord survival bracelet invention!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paracordist

Forager
Mar 30, 2011
NH, USA
www.paracordist.com
2c4228fb38378689b39296abb0bbb479.jpg

A few years ago, I came up with an idea involving cutting a ferro rod and drilling a hole to make a toggle closure for a bracelet that would also contain a scraping device, paracord and tinder (I posted it here in early 2011 Best paracord survival bracelet? -firesteel, tinder, scraper and sling http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73817). Here's the 2011 prototype:
4f6b2c7bd287f820ec44a0d7426b1c72.jpg

I'm proud to say that I've successfully reached the end of a long and difficult process to obtain a patent from the USPTO.

This proves to me that a little guy can protect his invention from companies who would use their status and money to steal and profit from it - without credit or even a nod!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Isn't there pretty much only one company making ferro cerium rods anyway?

Laurentius

Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Best of luck with it, just don't get too disheartened when you see a Chinese knock off on AliExpress.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Yeah I hold a patent that's currently being broken in New Zealand, South Africa, Sweden, Austria and I think Denmark. I did however take action on someone in this country infringing it and persuaded them to stop.
Well done. Prepare for disappointment!

In the upside I want one. So long as it's not as much as Bear Grylls.

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Well done, good to see you've protected your creation! Lol, yes the Chinese will shamelessly copy and mass produce your item but atleast you know it was yours first.

Yeah I hold a patent that's currently being broken in New Zealand, South Africa, Sweden, Austria and I think Denmark. I did however take action on someone in this country infringing it and persuaded them to stop.
Well done. Prepare for disappointment!

In the upside I want one. So long as it's not as much as Bear Grylls.

Oooha what is it you invented/created..is it those rubber ice cube trays that I should have thought of!? :)

Last edited:

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
Ahh well that would be telling.

How do I get a Samon Originals paracord Fire Bracelet? Seriously I want one in brown paracord if you can?

Well done! Went through the thread, really ingenious! The compass one was well thought out, have you thought about one for a watch similar to the velcro ones used by us surfers? That would be cool for the die hard beach bum surfer that needs to light his bonfire.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE