Cranachan Whisky - will it work?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
It is great after a month. I'm not certain whether it will improve. It needs no more flavour so I will strain the fruit and pods off, filter and bottle one evening soon and then time will tell. I have bottles of fruit spirits five and more years old, but it'll be a struggle to leave this alone.

I used cheap "own label" malt - I would suggest a speyside or lowland - certainly not an Islay - its quite a delicate taste and, much as I love an Islay malt, it wouldn't combine well with soft fruit.

HTH

Red

Thanks, I'm going to give this a try.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
I've been making it for a few years, though I used raw cane sugar, and not honey (hate honey). Cheap(ish) blended Malt works best, and the taste mellows after about three months (I leave mine from the end of the summer raspberry season until Christmas) the Whisky soaked Raspberries taste extra exquisite on Creamy vanilla ice-cream.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
When I make something I always use the fruit afterwards. My favourite is the blackberries from the blackberry vodka, with the blackberries on top of the vanilla ice cream & clotted cream on top of the blackberries mmmmm....

Rob

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE