Snowdon - first for my kids.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I have to admit, I don't really Bushcraft any more. I get out with one or two good friends, drink a few ales and cook venison over a fire but that's about it.

I do spend most of my time out after deer or in the hills when I'm not at work. Now the kids are big enough to crunch the miles my waist line is slowing going back a bit.

Being summer hols we went up to visit the family in North Wales, we decided to have a family hill day and the kids both agreed they wanted to do Snowdon before they do Ben Nevis. We went up Wednesday (20th Aug).

We went up the Pyg track and came back down the miners. Dogs weren't happy having to stay on the leads but that's life with sheep about, red one pulled me and wrenched my knee on the way down but I'll be fine. My son claims it's the best adventure day this summer, and we've had a few.

Anyway, pictures are better than waffle:

Bought my wife a shiny new softshell, got to love 70% off at Cotswold clearance B-Y-C:

My daughter looking cute as she does:

Waistline not THAT small yet

Enjoying himself:

It was really cold for August on top, so we had hot chocolate and a few giggles:

After queueing for the top!

My posing, son as photographer:

Deemed so cool he had to do it:

That long drag down the miners:

Some poor soul had an accident on Crib Goch (didn't stop my kids asking to do it next time) and we saw fantastic flying, with the clouds whipping past it, this helicopter was stationary, side into the wind. We are very very lucky to have this backup on the hills.

I caught the last bus down to the car park with 3 minutes to spare, another family were three minutes the wrong side, so I drove Llanberis pass more than once, but they were a lovely lot and I was glad to help.

Normally do hills a bit further from the beaten track, but we've ticked it off now. Looking forward to our next get away in Skye during October, but I have work for a day at the start, I have an excuse to go up there again!

Thanks for looking.

Richard

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I have to admit, I don't really Bushcraft any more. I get out with one or two good friends, drink a few ales and cook venison over a fire but that's about it.
Drinking and cooking is bushcraft!

You can see my house from there!

...and we saw fantastic flying, with the clouds whipping past it, this helicopter was stationary, side into the wind. We are very very lucky to have this backup on the hills.

Enjoy it while it lasts! (probably only another 12 months...)

Sadly the new SAR service is not so capable in poor visibility and MR stretchers don't fit in the new choppers! If you're going to have an accident in the hills you'd better have it soon.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Skye was wonderful thirty odd years ago Rich - I hope its as fun for you :)

It's hard to describe just how lucky I am on Skye BR. A good friend is putting us up for three days in Uig, just near the Fairy Glen and taking me out stalking hinds. It doesn't get much better than that really. Life is looking up for me in terms of time outdoors.

persistent king

Settler
May 23, 2010
wigan
I did it a few months ago with my 9yo and 13yo great day out and some fantastic views, fair play to them we hiked up and back down again. Great pics
7A3A499F-7826-4CE3-8B8C-0D8F658EDBBF.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE