Bushclass usa

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Well - I know this sort of thing is not for everyone ... but I have been taking part in the BushcraftUSA Bushclass since I discovered it a while back and have enjoyed following the lessons and passing through the different stages - Basic, Intermediate ... and now Advanced.
Today I received my Certificate for passing the Advanced Class and have been informed that I am the first - not only first Brit, but FIRST to complete the class.
Another claim to fame :)
So - all you Brits doing the classes - get a move on, you are choking in my dust :)
Seriously - I have found the Classes and lessons have added a focus to some of my outings and have also had me revisiting some skills that I have neglected and would recommend the classes to anyone who is interested in an on going challenge.
Have fun out there!

Reactions: buckfynn

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Good for you John and very well done!

As you say these things aren't everyone's cup of tea but I think there's value (and fun!) in these sorts of challenges. It certainly doesn't do anyone any harm to revisit things either. I might have to have a look myself....

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
BushcraftUSA .....has been Fenn''ard 👍
Well done John .

Nailed Horbury Bridge rapids .....wooooooo

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Nice one Mr Fenna

Could we see a picture of your certificate please. Can you also tell me if the advance course was difficult?

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Nice one Mr Fenna

Could we see a picture of your certificate please. Can you also tell me if the advance course was difficult?

img158.jpg
Define "difficult" :)
After 40 odd years playing this game some of the classes were second nature but things like Fishing will always be a closed book to me and so that class was hard!

Attachments

• Bushclass certificate_(A).pdf
    62.8 KB · Views: 9

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Yeah know what you mean, horses for courses. Everyone finds some things more difficult than others, some people might be good at fishing and like it, then another man it's a black art. Thanks for the fast reply John.

pwb

Congrats. Is it an honour system and does it cost anything?

Orric

The course costs nothing at all.
All you do is take pics and notes on what you've done and post in the right thread. Sgt Mac, one of the mods keeps track of the all the student activity but it is a good idea to also keep track of your own tasks completed just for reference.
Good thing is you can just drop in to the bushclass now and then with a completed lesson as there is no time limit ...very relaxed really.

Pete.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE