Armstrong at Bushmoot 2014 - photo evidence of a superb and educational time!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pawprints

May 29, 2013
Sheffield
Our family extend heartfelt thanks to all who organised this year's Bushmoot and to those who generously gave their time to share their experience and knowledge with us! As you will see in the attached photos we had a fantastic time.

IMGP0710_zpsdb4047cb.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Welcome to the wilderness!

IMGP0634_zps37a9ef0f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Day 1- Welcome meeting.......

Day 1- Starter Course with George -Saw training with a very patient George.

Day 1- Starter Course with George -Faster mum faster! Sandy at work.

Day 1- Starter Course with George -Priceless life skills, Learning the correct methods of knife use.

IMGP0650_zps0e468527.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Day 1- Starter Course with George -Learning to tie guylines and other useful knots for tarps.

IMGP0653_zps8ceb7639.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Day 1- Starter Course with George - Firesteel. Magic!

IMGP0656_zpsa4de525a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Day 1-Starter Course with George - Its alight! keep feeding it!

IMGP0657_zps8a73ccb2.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Day 1-Starter Course with George - kids love fire!

IMGP0660_zps5a3985aa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Day 1-Starter Course with George - putting fire out with water and check it is really out with your hands - messy fun!

IMGP0664_zpse4d08b5c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Day 1-Starter Course with George - Cover fire area with leaves - as George says 'leave it better than you found it!'

End of day 1 - relaxing at our camp with marshmallows! Thanks George and Co. for a great educational day.

George thanks a lot for your time and patience!, if you see this and want the pictures to use in promotion etc then PM me with your email and I will send the full set of images we have of the starter course to you.

We have some more pictures of the other days, I may get around to posting on here at some point!

James and Sandy

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Some great pictures there James, nice to see the kids enjoying themselves as well goodjob

I'm interested in the fire bowl/tray you've got in your last picture, any chance of some info on it?

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
These are lovely pictures James and Sandy.

I think that a thread showing all the activities we cover on the starter course would be great. I could do it or feel free to put it up yourself.

The course has proved very popular over the last two years with lots of participation from students and instructors.

I also have a few pictures from the course and feel free to take copies of any you want here.

I also have a link to my photobucket account.

Cheers

George

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Some great pictures there James, nice to see the kids enjoying themselves as well goodjob

I'm interested in the fire bowl/tray you've got in your last picture, any chance of some info on it?

WP_20140817_002.jpg

I was at the Gathering last weekend and two stalls down was this Blacksmiths (he is a scout master) - Arc Weld. These large set ups were on sale and I bought a couple of pieces of him for my set up.

Cheers

George

Pawprints

May 29, 2013
Sheffield
Dear Dave, George is smack on, yes our fire set up came from Alan at ARC Welding http://alantheblacksmith.co.uk/

We bought the larger oval fire platform as it seemed most functional, we bought it at this years 'Bushcraft Show' where Alan was selling them. They are around £155 list price, comes with the platform, two tripods, a cross bar with sliding hooks, three hooked chains and a circular grill on suspended chains. Ours had a sturdy canvas bag to store the polls and chains in which is handy. Luckily it fitted in our Jeep's boot too! I would recommend it.

James

Pawprints

May 29, 2013
Sheffield
Good idea George about starting a thread showing all the activities covered on the starter course.

We split into the smaller groups and I am sure plenty of photos were taken, it would be good if you start a thread and put a call out to all to see what photos are out there!

We didn't take photos of every activity. Feel free to use any or all of our photos.

James

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE