Article: Alpkit Rig 3.5 Tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

darrenleroy

Nomad
Jul 15, 2007
London
I wild camped at the weekend with a DD 3mx3m tarp and was thankful for the size. I pitched it open with the poles supporting both ends two thirds of the way along. It poured with rain yet I was comfy back from the drips. Any smaller and I may have been cramped.

Nov 28, 2014
South Cambs
After testing it in overnight in the garden my wife and I used one of these over night recently on a wild camp. We had it strung between two trees and found it was long enough for me at 6'4" and backpacks at our feet. It rained, though with no or very little wind and we stayed dry and so did our bags.

If it were windy and rainy we may have had to adjust things a bit. I did try briefly closing one end, this makes the sleeping space shorter, but would cut out wind and rain from one end, but if you're in a bivvy bag you might not care if your feet get rained on.

For one person I'd say you'd have plenty of space for you and your gear. A larger tarp would have made things easier getting in and out though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE