How did you choose your bushcraft name

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Haggis

Nomad
I'm Haggis wherever I go on the internet, though sometimes I have used HaggisWCM (Wolf Cairn Moor, the name of my 100 acre homestead). I wrote a book some years ago, "The News From Wolf Cairn Moor" and in it refer to myself in it as "the old Haggis". I'm not sure, but I think I picked it up when having supper with a group of pipers, the main dish was haggis, and I'm thinking others noticed my liking for the dish.

Last edited:

mlc35

Jul 6, 2014
Cleveland
MLC35
according to my wife I had my Mid Life Crisis when I was 35 - hence MLC35. She did then buy me a rather spiffing sports car, so not all bad :)
I used the name when I joined the car owners club, but now use it for everything I join online and have done for the last five years. this thread reminds me what a lucky boy I am to have my missus :cool:

Blaidd

Nomad
Jun 23, 2013
UK
I have a few names on different forums. Many of my usual names are taken so I started using a translation into other languages, hence Ive been known as Wolf or Wolfie before (after a book character) but translated it into the Welsh 'blaidd' for this forum. Its spelt differently but pronounced the same (or nearly the same) in Cornish.

Last edited:

zornt

Nomad
Apr 6, 2014
Ohio, USA
My alter ego Zornt is a character I made when I played a lot of World of Warcraft. Zornt is a level70 Troll Hunter that uses two hatchets and a bow. A natural fir for bushcrafting. He also has a lvl 70 pet scorpin named Scorpy I was kind of tired when I named him.
My email address uses the name Zadru ge was a lvl5 Gnome illusionist thief, from the days I played Dungeons and Dragons a lot.

Juv2112

Tenderfoot
Jul 8, 2014
West Wales
My name's Justin Vincent that's where JuV comes from and I'm a big Rush fan mostly their early stuff hence 2112.

And I too would never introduce my wife as Mrs Swallow :)

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Resnikov was the name of a bar at uni. I was often seen in it and got the nickname. Needed an email address so used that and it had stuck with me online ever since. Use it on every forum and game i pay. I like it so much so I bought the domain name.

My Australian fiends always shortened it to reso which made me feel accepted when i was down under. They are not your mates unless they give you a nickname.

Side note: same mates made my avatar. As it's a family forum cannot go in to to much detail about it but I can say we embraced everything good about goats :)

Last edited:

CallsignSam

Nomad
Jun 13, 2013
Kent
My alter ego Zornt is a character I made when I played a lot of World of Warcraft. Zornt is a level70 Troll Hunter that uses two hatchets and a bow. A natural fir for bushcrafting. He also has a lvl 70 pet scorpin named Scorpy I was kind of tired when I named him.
My email address uses the name Zadru ge was a lvl5 Gnome illusionist thief, from the days I played Dungeons and Dragons a lot.

Oh the days when I used to play world of Warcraft. The amount of hours spent on that game...haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mickeyluv

Tenderfoot
Nov 2, 2010
derbyshire
I used to work in construction and whilst working in leek everyone on site would use the same cafe. The ladies who served in there called everyone 'luv' but because they knew my first name I got called mickeyluv which soon became my 'site name'.

Mick721

Oct 29, 2012
Sunderland
721 is/was the last three digits of my army number, and in the army they are generally used to differentiate between people with common names eg. Smith 123 or jones 456 etc. I've never had a nickname, so when I joined I tried to use my actual name, which was taken, Hence Mick721 to differentiate.

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
I think I had cold feet the day I joined, nothing more complex than that. I tend to go by different names in different forums, depending on the topic of the forum.

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
Around the time of joining the forum my dad got a border terrier from a pet rescue centre. Fudge is his name.
I took one look at the poor little thing with its tartan collar and exclaimed, (in a fake Scottish accent)..
Well hullooo there tartan ferret !

i thought i'd use the name.

we are best mates now, he loves the woods as much as me :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 15

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Mines how most of the foreign people I've met pronounce my name, after a bit of coaching I'll usually give up and say "yea, mouse, that'll do"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE