Bridgend-Merthyr Mawr

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Does anyone have a map or a route description on how to get from Bridgend to the bushmoot location on foot?
We we're planning to walk to the location from the train but finding a suitable map to use is proving difficult.
Thanks in advance for any help :D

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Search for Merthyr Mawr on Streetmap. Otherwise, I'm sure someone will be able to collect you from the station. when do you arrive?

Last edited:

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
On the 9th! If that would be possible for anyone that would be even more awesome and we would be happy to pay back any gas costs.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Well according to my ticket the plane takes off in Amsterdam at 9:15 lands in Cardiff at 9:35. And
if I'm right it's an hour earlier in Whales, so that would be 8:35 in Cardiff. (Am I right?)

So I'm not completely sure what time I can take a train to Bridgend from there depending on what time I can be at the train station in Cardiff.
Am I right to say that you don't have to book train tickets in advance and that you can just get into a train on the spot?

Oh and there's 2 of us!

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Train from the airport takes 27 mins and there is one train per hour. Cost is £2.50 if thetrainline.com is to be believed.

Last edited:

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
The airport is serviced by Rhoose Station not Cardiff Central. though there is a shuttle service.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Thanks for that it's a lot clearer now!
I just can't seem to find train times for trains going from Rhoose station to Bridgend anywhere

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
So if the plane lands on 8:45 I should be able to take the train of 9:12? Is 27 minutes enough to get of the airplane and get my pack and get to that train? If so we should be in Bridgend at 9:39

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Depends on how long it takes to retrieve your baggage and clear customs etc. Will you need to shop for food when you arrive and will you be bringing a smartphone?

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
I was thinking to bring food for the first day in case we couldn't get to a store. So I wouldn't necessarily have to shop day one but was hoping to go along with a food run at some point. I do carry a smartphone!

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Haha I did catch my airplane but I went straight into another camping outing for a week which I just got home from.
Thanks for the great moot all! It was absolutely awesome.
Will do a thread with pics when I can!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE