Oh Aaron...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Two pair of words "Swingin chicken " "swinging pig"
u5ady9y4.jpg

Nailed Horbury Bridge rapids .....wooooooo

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Well Aarons a happy bunny indeed... stuffed full of no less than 5 of my finest farmhouse sausages and best mash potato :)

I'll give him his due he didn't drool once as he watched them being cooked :lmao:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Briefly reviving this thread to show the process of manufacturing my evening meal tonight. It seemed the best place to put it

It starts with a genuine South African boerwurst, made from durban beef with coriander spice. There's a South African food place near me that sources stuff for ex-pats. It looked so good in the pan I just had to take a picture.

14897974337_351793faed_b.jpg

Into the oven, cook hot, turning once.

14898339679_d5c2d98f68_b.jpg

At this point the wife decided she wanted to try some, liked it, ate more, and then fed two bits to the dog as well! That animal is spoiled. Meanwhile I was realising that we had no bread, so I had to improvise with some coleslaw, salad, a spicy chutney and a fruity chutney. It was tough, but I endured. :cool:

15085024415_a7e173feb0_b.jpg

There's still some left, if she doesn't feed that to the dog as well!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Gods!
I love Boerwurst!
It was a staple on our SA expeds - Boerwurst for any meal, Ooma rusks for breakfast with thick black coffee, Kudu steak for a real gourmet treat, Springbok stew for a good hearty meal and LOTs of biltong ..from all sorts of animals... for lunches.
Those South Africans know how to eat!
And the food compliments the country - I would love to go into the Cederberg Wilderness, the Drakkensberg, St Lucia or down the Orange river border with Namibia again - with a good supply of Boerwurst!

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oh Aaron... you've been back in France for a little while, are you missing anything? :naughty:

Oh that's just evil!

Yep, missing those UK sausages already, but got a nice treat last weekend when I went to measure up for a job I'm doing and the UK owner was just serving up a bacon and sausage brunch. No brown sauce though but still a VERY nice and unexpected treat.

Whilst in Kent after the Moot I found a shop in Sandwich (rather apt I thought) and came away with some wild boar sozzies as well as venison. The wild boar ones were nice, wish I could say the venison ones were too, but they lacked something still tasty though.

Soon be Christmas when I shall be hitting the UK shores (and shops) again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE