Oh Aaron...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Back on topic...

I had a sausage sandwich for supper this evening. Pork and caramelised red onion sausagees, on home-made granary bread, with just a dash of spicy beetroot chutney for colour and a kick.

I'd just like to say, here and now, that it was gorgeous! :cool:

And where are the pictures??? You know what the saying is... it didn't happen without pictures :lmao:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I think it's along the lines that if the adults are sniggering the kids demand to know why.....and just how comfortable the adults are explaining that to someone else's kids.

M

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
And where are the pictures??? You know what the saying is... it didn't happen without pictures :lmao:

Oh yes it did! It was too good to waste time taking pictures of. Sausage sandwiches need eating when they are hot, so the juices run down your fingers.

Don't believe me? Your loss. I had the sandwich. You didn't.

(Besides, there are more where that came from, so I might get a picture next time. There WILL be a next time :D)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Oh yes it did! It was too good to waste time taking pictures of. Sausage sandwiches need eating when they are hot, so the juices run down your fingers.

Don't believe me? Your loss. I had the sandwich. You didn't.

(Besides, there are more where that came from, so I might get a picture next time. There WILL be a next time :D)

You forget the important thing of photographing said delicious sausage sandwich... it makes Aaron drool and quiver even more at the thought of such delicacies :)

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
When I'm sat here outside of a pizza that should have been for 2 but I scoffed the lot in one sitting the drool reflex seems to stifled. But thank you so much Mr Harvestman for painting such a vivid picture. Git!

G'night folks off to bed, got a long day tomorrow. I really don't like driving long distances.

Me.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I wonder if Aaron would like these sausages for dinner? :rolleyes:

Ahh Ambrosia, the food of the Gods, containing: -
Water, Pork (27%), Rusk (Wheat Flour, Salt, Raising Agent: Ammonium Carbonate), Pork Rind, Chicken Fat, Chicken (4%), Chicken Skin, Salt, Dextrose, Stabiliser (Triphosphate), Preservatives (Sodium Sulphite, Sodium Nitrate, Potassium Nitrite), Flavourings (Nutmeg, Pepper, Cayenne, Coriander, Sage), Antioxidant (Sodium Ascorbate, Ascorbic Acid), Filled into Beef Casings (Beef Collagen, Water, Cellulose)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I wonder if Aaron would like these sausages for dinner? :rolleyes:

Yeesh!

Well, he's kind of desperate. You still in France Aaron? Let me know when you're back and have plinked a few cans with the little BB pistol, and have a pan of decent sossies and tomatoes on your stove, with some of that aged Worcestershire sauce (black bottle version) splashed all over. ;)

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Back on topic...

I had a sausage sandwich for supper this evening. Pork and caramelised red onion sausagees, on home-made granary bread, with just a dash of spicy beetroot chutney for colour and a kick.

I'd just like to say, here and now, that it was gorgeous! :cool:
we're off to sample the most fabulous German sozzies, I hope to be suitably impressed by their legendary chau-whatchamacallit :p

Lovely evocative description there lovey. You and goatboy really speak straight to the tongue :D its positively cruel, but I like it.... :D

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Ok, in the spirit of the forum, here's a build-along of a sausage sandwich that I ate earlier

To begin with, I started with two thickish-cut slices of a soft oat and linseed bread that my lovely wife Tracy had made earleir today. There wasn't a lot left, and there is even less now.
14812898115_d62d0c23fd_c.jpg

Then I took the other half of the pack of pork and caramelised red onion sausages that I mentioned befgore, grilled them, and sliced them lengthways, arranging them on one of the slices of bread.
14789887776_6fbe2d60ef_c.jpg

Now at this point you could pretty much stop there, as if the sausages are good enough (and these are) then you need nothing else, but just because something isn't needed doesn't mean that it isn't sometimes a good idea to add something extra. In this case a local chutney from my favourite farmer's market.
14810512254_62875f4b83_c.jpg

Spread a good layer of chutney on the other slice of bread, and we are now ready for assembly.
14809784971_259f8a1f01_c.jpg

Put together, slice down the centre with a sharp knife, and eat.
14810504644_2648203e4d_c.jpg

The only problem is, it doesn't last long.
:cool:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
What... no butter spread thickly on the bread to melt from the heat of the sausages?

You really need to get these things right HM :nono:

Other than that they look pretty scrummy :)

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Nope. No butter. Never have. If the sausage is moist and juicy in its own right then it doesn't need butter.

Besides, I can't bear having butter and chutney (or butter and jam or whatever else it might be) on the same piece of bread.

Biker

That tutorial is pure evil. yesterday I had to meet up with my brother in Asda in Canterbury. So off I trundled and there in the café area was a plateful of sausages. Any will power I had went out the window, so I ended up just having 4 sausages and lashing of brown sauce. The lady at the till thought I was a bit touched in the head for not having the rest of the fired breakfast ingredients.

So I got my craving sorted, partially. Off to Mesquite's gaff later today for the first leg of the journey to the moot and he's cooking me a sausage and mash dinner tonight. .... mouth already watering in anticipation.

See ya when I get back folks. Play nicely.

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I'm bringing some of my local farm shops Honey and Gingers sausages with me this time.

You know the ones Steve...

Oh yes... I know them all too well Gary. The most heavenly sublime sausage going.

Fancy coming down to Dingly Dell for a sausage and mash night :rolleyes:

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I've only got two packs of two and the same with burgers then I'm on to bacon. All from the same place.

I reckon I can keep it all just this side of frozen long enough to see me in decent food until the first supply run about Friday.

If things go pear shaped I might have to have a quick scoff up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE