Someone measure an XXL Teeshirt from armpit to armpit please ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Someone measure an XXL Teeshirt from armpit to armpit please ?

I usually buy huge and cut and shape to fit me. I hate round necks and I don't like them tight across my bustline and the shoulders are always too wide, etc.,

I bought one of the highlander's woodland camo pattern type and it's too wee. I'm wondering if it were mis-labeled or if it's just an 'athletic' type fit :dunno:

cheers,
Toddy

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I tend to find ones in different colours but in the same range in the same shop differ.

A Sainsburys cotton XXL T-shirt that's newish measures 24" / 61cm pit-to-pit so to speak. Laid out on a table and not stretched while measuring.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Thank you :D

This woodland/leafy/camo thing measure 57cms....so about 45" right round.

Hmmmm :sigh:

Either I need a really effective diet, or it'll go up for swaps/etc.,

atb,
Mary

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
You have just trashed my mental image of you Mary :( (still love ya though!)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I'm a little fat lady these days :eek:.....the bustline's a well rounded fit in that new tshirt. XXL is a necessity :rolleyes: just that generally it's large enough for me to turn it into a button banded front, dart it so that it goes in at the waist a bit and long enough to cover my hips too. I'm no longer of an age that I like flaunting a tight tshirt :sigh:
Sod's law.

cheers,
M

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Nothing wrong with that, its funny how you can form a mental picture of someone and be a world away from reality. I shudder to think how people visualise me :lmao:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I miss Drew :sigh: but the first time we met he said that he had this image of me as a 6'6" tall ex marine sergeant with a voice that could be heard across the parade square....then he said, "but you're not, you're lovely :) ". awww. I'm sure it was a pre-emptive strike on his part though, 'cos the blighter proceeded to try and steal my seat :D
In fact I'm a softly spoken, cuddly little 5'2" mum.....with some interesting friends :D :D

atb,
M

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
I know, Hugh and Steve were not as I visualised when I met them either :) but fish was just as I imagined........ The odd posted photo helped I guess.

Go on then I'll be brave, how do you see me?

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Ww that's me to a tee!............ Well perhaps in my head! ;)

5,10 and could be leaner, but fairly energetic when I can be bothered :eek:

Who knows I may make the moot one day and then you can dash your image further ;)

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
Technically, a large *should* be a 14/ 40 chest, XL 16/ 42", so XXL 18/ 44" (no ease on that though ie not an actual garment measurement). Of course with no proper industry standard its extremely hard to tell, many makers go for the feminine achilles heel where we tend to buy the smallest labelled makers blocks which fit us ... mad, it may be, but I have heard soooo many gals- especially young uns!- proudly vaunting their new clothes on the grounds 'I usually take an 18 but THIS one is only a 12!' and industry- rightly or wrongly- panders to it :S

ps 6 foot buxom, bonny redhead who buys size 10 shoes from transgender and exMoD shops. I kid you not. I'm scary :D Ohhh and the 'Girl' bit is frankly an outright lie at nigh on a HalfCentury. And you're lovely and huggable and warm and sweet and folk just wanna wrap you in a big hug when they meet you.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE