Some kuksas - pic heavy.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
With all the brilliant carving and green woodwork being posted on here this week I thought I may as well chip in and show some of the cups I have been carving over the past month.

Two in Cherry:

DSCF2240.jpg

DSCF2221.JPG

And some in Birch:

DSCF2367.JPG

P7274137+-+Copy.JPG

P7284133.JPG

Tooled finishes, and most are oiled with rapeseed oil.

Thanks for looking everyone :)

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
Thanks everyone!

@13Rett: It is a very fun and rewarding project. Watch out though, as you see it can become a tad addictive. :)

CallsignSam

Nomad
Jun 13, 2013
Kent
Lovely kuksa's. Do you use just a crook knife to hollow then out or do you use any other tools?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
I used to use just my mora 164, but since I wanted to make a good few more of these I recently acquired a small adze that speeds up hollowing quite a bit. When I am out camping I still make them with axe, knife and hook knife. The two in the first pic of the birch cups, for instance. The rest I used the adze on.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
They look stunning and the pictures are very good too. You've two real talents there. The fourth picture down is especially nice. Cheers for letting us see your work.

Two Socks

Settler
Jan 27, 2011
Norway
Thank you for the kind words, Goatboy. I do enjoy trying to take some good photos of my craft and am happy that you like them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE