Losing knives.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Lost my swiss champ.. Gutted - it went everywhere with me. I've checked bags, coat pockets, trouser pockets, car glovebox.

Tis nowhere to be seen.

I know as soon as I buy another it'll turn up. Just venting my spleen.

In the meantime I'll console myself by browsing Heinnie Haynes...

M

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Shame, stay peeled on Amazon... occasionally a good deal on SAKs appears.

Last month Swiss Champs were £30.10 :/ Though not much help now.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Lost my swiss champ.. Gutted - it went everywhere with me. I've checked bags, coat pockets, trouser pockets, car glovebox.

Tis nowhere to be seen.

I know as soon as I buy another it'll turn up. Just venting my spleen.

In the meantime I'll console myself by browsing Heinnie Haynes...

M

I bet it'll turn up, I lost my leatherman for 6 months, I found it in the attic which is weird as I don't even remember going up there!!!

Ruud

Jun 29, 2012
Belgium
www.rudecheers.wordpress.com
Lost my SAK which I got on my 6th birtday in Switzerland also some years ago. After months it showed up, with a cork of a bottle of wine still attached to it.... :D

I have framed the knife together with a pic when I got it and bought a new one. I know what you're going through, hope you'll find it soon!

ashby001

Forager
May 24, 2013
Faversham
Mountainm I do have a spare sak like the hiker but without a saw you can have! Will need a new handle set as I destroyed the old one when I was younger :eek:

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Sometimes they turn up in the dumbest of places, and it's at the point you had a good reason at the time for leaving it there.

ashby001

Forager
May 24, 2013
Faversham
I've already been bought another one exactly the same so its just sitting there doing nothing and I'd rather you have it and use it!!

ged

Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Getting on for 20 years ago I lost my EKA Super Swede that SWMBO had bought me for my birthday. It was my favourite knife of all time.

I looked everybloominwhere. Under the sink, under the stairs, under the floor. Up-ended rucksacks, beds, toolboxes, whole cabinets. Reupholstered the sofa. I canvassed a whole street where I thought I might have dropped it with a duplicated sheet.

Finally, after five years of purgatory, we moved from Plymouth to Bath, so obviously the knife was gone forever. But I still pined for it and the Mrs. couldn't stand it any more so she bought me another one.

Two weeks later, when I picked up the car from being serviced by the dealer on Bristol Road, there was my old knife on the driver's seat.

"Where on Earth did you find that?" I asked them.

They said "Oh, we had to replace a rear light bulb and it was in the tail light cluster!"

It must have slid off the top of a pile of tools in my toool box in the boot and found its way through a hole in the panelling when I indulged in what BMW calls "the more enthusiastic driving style".

So now I have two of them. And a Swede 10. :)

Biker

Getting on for 20 years ago I lost my EKA Super Swede that SWMBO had bought me for my birthday. It was my favourite knife of all time.

I looked everybloominwhere. Under the sink, under the stairs, under the floor. Up-ended rucksacks, beds, toolboxes, whole cabinets. Reupholstered the sofa. I canvassed a whole street where I thought I might have dropped it with a duplicated sheet.

Finally, after five years of purgatory, we moved from Plymouth to Bath, so obviously the knife was gone forever. But I still pined for it and the Mrs. couldn't stand it any more so she bought me another one.

Two weeks later, when I picked up the car from being serviced by the dealer on Bristol Road, there was my old knife on the driver's seat.

"Where on Earth did you find that?" I asked them.

They said "Oh, we had to replace a rear light bulb and it was in the tail light cluster!"

It must have slid off the top of a pile of tools in my toool box in the boot and found its way through a hole in the panelling when I indulged in what BMW calls "the more enthusiastic driving style".

So now I have two of them. And a Swede 10. :)

You know that thread that's going on about pet hates in unbelievable fiction.... :lmao: If I read that story in a book I would have launched it. Funny old world eh? Really happy you found yours ged, and under such bizarre circumstances too.

Countryman

Native
Jun 26, 2013
North Dorset
6 years ago I dropped my Schrade Old Timer in a field in France somewhere between the outskirts of Paris and Chartres. Fell out of my pocket during and after lunch doze during a 30 mile stage.
I hadn't moved a metre but I couldn't find it in the grass. Still miss it but wife replaced it with a nice Buck Stockman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Besides losing my bush-tool in the woods for over a year my UKPK regularly goes on holiday with all the odd socks and pencils.
Always turns up.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
My old Opinel goes on holiday from time to time, sometimes a few days up to 3 years once, naughty bloody thing

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Can you find knives the same way you can find sewing needles that you've dropped? Wander round barefoot for a while, and the needle/knife will appear impaled in the bottom of your foot... Not exactly the least painful way, but it certainly worked with my favourite sewing needle...

Julia

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE