Does anybody know what tool this is plz

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
Hi as tittle please,
Bought it at a car boot sale, my guess is maybe a farmers knife for cleaning trimming Sheeps hoofs?
Can't find the teapot logo anywhere either after searching the net
bezaduga.jpg
u6u4u9at.jpg
purybe5e.jpg

Cheers
Bill

Blaidd

Nomad
Jun 23, 2013
UK
Most hoof knives (at least the older ones) I've seen don't have a sharp point, and often have narrow blade.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I have a kitchen knife that has a very similar curve, apparently called a 'bird beak'.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It looks like a pruning knife.....I'd certainly use it for that, or maybe for nicking off the rod ends of a willow basket.

Joseph Haywood used a kettle for his company mark.
Worth a search for an example.

cheers,
Toddy

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Looks like a Joseph Haywood "Hawksbill" pruner to me...............

The only other possibility is a "Lino knife", that handle looks as if it was meant to pull, but if it's a Lino knife it's very well worn as they had a much more pronounced and sharp curve and were pulled through the lino to cut it.................But I think a pruner :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Mushroom knives would most likely have a brush on the other end to remove dirt as they should not be washed.

BILLy

Apr 16, 2005
NORTH WALES
Thanks for all the replies, still unsure of what it could be, was thinking a the blade on a mushroom knife might be thinner, but?
A couple more pics
IMG_4709.jpgIMG_4710.jpgIMG_4711.jpg
Cheers
Bill

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE