Hobo Stoves and PoundCraft

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Please forgive me if this is out of turn.

I will be going to BushMoot for the first time this year and would like to contribute. What I had in mind was a couple of workshop/ show and tell session(s).

As I only have expertise in the following areas I was thinking on the lines of a hobo stove show and tell get together and another where items from the pound shop or similar are put to good use.

I have no idea of if all I should do is stick a note on the main whiteboard or there is a more formal way!
I have no idea if this is something which only interests me!

Comments / directions / ridicule welcome

Jun 17, 2014
england
Both me and my Dad (Hammock_man) would like to show and share a few of our low budget solutions which we have become fond of and hopefully others will enjoy their simplicity. From a pack-able Hobo Stove which only cost £6 to build to windshields which only cost £1 (plus a bit of tape)

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Please forgive me if this is out of turn.

I will be going to BushMoot for the first time this year and would like to contribute. What I had in mind was a couple of workshop/ show and tell session(s).

As I only have expertise in the following areas I was thinking on the lines of a hobo stove show and tell get together and another where items from the pound shop or similar are put to good use.

I have no idea of if all I should do is stick a note on the main whiteboard or there is a more formal way!
I have no idea if this is something which only interests me!

Comments / directions / ridicule welcome

Sounds good - Mr Fenna does a cheap gear guide (on how to make your own!) & George often does a campfire cooking show and tell.

Make sure you enjoy the moot - probably worth spending a day to see how things work before diving into teaching!

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
That should be no problem guys. It's what we do. Just let Tony, or one of the mods know and it'll be slotted in, and probably mentioned at the morning meeting. Then just prep your session and wait to see who turns up. Simples!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'm surest there's a number of people that would be interested in this so I'm more than happy to add it to the schedule, thanks for making the offer. I'm away at the moment so. I'll get in contact if I need to, if you've got any questions for me drop me a pm

thanks goodjob

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
I used to be an IT instructor so I have an idea about running a session but I was thinking along an informal format. Any way, I will let my self be known and take it from there.

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
These sessions are normally pretty informal. More like a "Q&A" with some "show and tell" and a "have a go" bit if appropriate.
As well as the more formal pre-moot, 3 day leatherworking course, I'll be doing a half day informal leatherwork session (possibly Couarans - traditional Irish/Scottish shoes) or something of that ilk. Jump in on that if you want and see how I do my sessions. The fact that I also have the kettle on the boil throughout, and biccies makes it even more informal and a lot more fun and a social occasion.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE