Muntjac - where to source?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Hello the collective forum brain ;)

I have a desire to get my hands on a Muntjac for butchering and to try some skills at processing the hide, etc.

Had the great fortune to have a play at Will Lords. The meat was lovely and size wise I should manage with one. Good amount of meat but not too much for me to deal with. Hide is small enough for me to try as a first practice.

I'm in Sheffield. Happy to travel, but within reason. PM if it's easier if anyone has any leads.

Cheers for any help :)

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Not sure I know of any.

There is a deer farm just up the road, but they are commercial and flipping expensive. And it's reds or fallows.

But will google wild game in the area now :D

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
When you say "Get my hands on some Muntjac" what ideas exactly do you have in mind?

Do you hold an FAC for deerstalking and are looking for a contact, or do you just wish to accompany a stalker on a trip?

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Would not mind accompanying at all.

But more was asking for a source to get hold of a killed one I can skin and butcher.
But if the chance to stalk it was in the mix and see it from field to plate that would be even better.

Plus use as much as I can for crafts, etc

I've no FAC

When you say "Get my hands on some Muntjac" what ideas exactly do you have in mind?

Do you hold an FAC for deerstalking and are looking for a contact, or do you just wish to accompany a stalker on a trip?

Last edited:

yomperalex

Nomad
Jan 22, 2011
Reading
The only times I have ever got my hands on muntjac is either a friendly game keeper/pest controller or road kill.

My favourite venison.

Alex

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Not many muntjac in your area, if you were closer I'd help out.

too many in Norfolk!

You're a ways away :(

Keep looking, but not finding much on google in the local area. If all else fails I may have to plan a big trip and just plan in a day out somewhere with the Mrs and happen to be close to a source :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE