Survive That!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I found an interesting program on Discovery a few weeks ago.

Survive That!
The basic premise is that there is a group of survival experts. they take it in turn to be kidnapped by the others and dumped with no warning in an unfamiliar envieoment, then have 100hrs to get themselves out.
They are also wired up with monitors to track core temp etc.
If their core temp gets too far from normal, they're rescued and "lose the game"

So far we've had a primitive living expert (A bit like Cody Lundin) and an RAF survival school instructor.
There is also a Navy Seal, and an Army Ranger.
I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Yeah, was good fun.

And some of FGYT's hardware is on display in a few of the episodes.

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
So far it's all been inside the US.
Puerto Rican jungle, then Alaskan wilderness.
Solves the passport issue.
To be fair, within the boundaries of US territory you can find pretty much any terrain.

Haggis

Nomad
I must have seen something different. This was all military types, who "kidnapped", in America, their buddy who could "run 50 miles a day", then flew him blindfolded to northern Finland, near the Russian border. They dumped him out with a light coat, some felt socks, and a skate board. He had to get himself to civilization in 100 hours.

blackmannnn

Apr 7, 2014
Earth
Okay, I had to look it up, and quite on par with myself, I was again mistaken. This is a link to the show I saw,,, http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/11/13/dude-youre-screwed/

Nope, you were absolutely correct, dude !

SAME show, different NAME !

They (discovery) do it all the time, give one show a different name for every country/region it is being aired...

Down here (europe) they call it "survive that!"...in the US it is called "dude, you're screwed".

As to WHY they keep doing that, I do not know other then mess with our head...
Very annoying when you are trying to find a show online to watch...truly rediculus.

Took me two weeks to find out I need to be looking for the "dude, screwed" name.
I hate the way discovery keeps on doing that...

yes "Dude Your Screwed" is the USA name for the show (was originally going to be Catch and Release )

is a Bit of Fun you may pick up some tips from its not a game show / comp or this is how to as such

UK Show is called "Survive that"

itds a shame they dont world release at teh same time as they do interactive bits on Facebook and otehr bits that are no use to us months later

https://www.facebook.com/DudeYoureScrewed?fref=ts

FLt John Hudson Is the UK Forces lead SERE Instructor and mentor to all the SERE instructors in the forces and wrote the current UK Forces survival mannuals

also Runs Survival Wisdom a Survival Training and advisory company

He is also who I designed the Jungle Parang for to supply the Jungle training school with a Quality Tool that works

and thro Smarty designed the Wisdom Edge (DSK) blade

so you may see a couple of my blades in the background (Jake also has a blade :D)

And John and the guys are Flying out today to film series 2

Last edited:

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
i've been catching up with these, it is easily the least annoying of all the tv survival shows. possibly even better than man, woman, wild......

possibly!

:lmao:

cheers, and.

Bluffer

Nomad
Apr 12, 2013
North Yorkshire
[ ... and wrote the current UK Forces survival manuals ...

He is also who I designed the Jungle Parang for to supply the Jungle training school ... ]

I'm not directly challenging anyone or questioning the fellas credentials, but ...

1. The 'manual' is actually a joint service publication of more than one volume and these things are never written solely by one person.

2. The 'jungle training school' (their actual name is TTB) don't actually sell your parang, they sell the locally made parang.

3. The contestants are retired service personnel, so an accurate description would be ex-seal, ex-ranger, ex-pathfinder, etc.

Just for clarification purposes you understand, I'm not running anyone down or raising anything contentious.

[ ... and wrote the current UK Forces survival manuals ...

He is also who I designed the Jungle Parang for to supply the Jungle training school ... ]

I'm not directly challenging anyone or questioning the fellas credentials, but ...

1. The 'manual' is actually a joint service publication of more than one volume and these things are never written solely by one person.

2. The 'jungle training school' (their actual name is TTB) don't actually sell your parang, they sell the locally made parang.

3. The contestants are retired service personnel, so an accurate description would be ex-seal, ex-ranger, ex-pathfinder, etc.

Just for clarification purposes you understand, I'm not running anyone down or raising anything contentious.

1. yes John was and is the current UK mil Guru on SERE etc but would obviously not be 100% solely done but a pretty substantial part of the process

2. Ok correct the Parangs where Designed for and Purchased by D(SERE)TO (As linked) for use On the Jungle training Courses While at the Jungle training Facility in Brunei and No they don't sell them .(nor did I say they did.)

These where done because the local made ones where not suitable for use and dangerous in some cases (Johns Words )

so yes more accurately made and local purchased by UK forces SERE school for issue and use on Jungle training by D(SERE)TO @ TTB (tho a few are on test with other Jungle orientated units so maybe in future ??? we will see)

3. yes John is the only currently serving member of the show as far as I Know

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
I've been enjoying this show and it seemed fairly credible (if you could suspend the believe that they manage to transport them to other countries without their knowledge ). But was seriously disappointed with the latest episode where they snatched a guy from London, England.

Really? I've never seen a street in London like that and all those American cars!!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE